Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Do they have different set or levels of IOs for naturalization interviews and GC interviews? Are the waiting areas separate?

Our GC interview was held in a booth instead of a room or cubicle. My family and the IO remained standing the entire time. Does this mean that the IO was a lower level IO because he didn't have a room? Or do they all have assigned rooms but he may have chosen to interview us in a booth?

I'm asking because our GC interview was pretty easy and quick.. I may even say anti-climatic because we were prepared for the worst. I'm not sure if we had a newbie IO or our case is not as complicated as I see it. But I don't want to be over-confident that the last step is going to be as smooth.

I have been on interviews twice - I didn't see any cases of interviews standing by window, although my first time in 2008 I passed civic test standing up by the window with a younger looking officer about 30yo , but both actual interviews were in cubicles sitting across the desk from IO who were all more older looking in their 50s-60s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

When did you recv your Yellow Check List letter if you got one? I did get that a few days ago but still no sign of the interview letter.

Thanks,

05/09/11 - Application Mailed to PHX
05/11/09 - Priority Date
05/18/09 - Check Cashed
05/20/09 - NOA1 Recvd
05/26/09 - Finger Printing Letter rec'd For 06/06/09
05/30/09 - FD walk-in
07/16/09 - Yellow Check List Recvd
xx/xx/09 - IL
xx/xx/09 - ID
xx/xx/09 - OD

I Did not receive any yellow check list ? but what is the yellow check list??

I passed my interview today !

I passed my interview today :) Spent exactly 15 minutes inside IO's office.

At 7:45, the Citizenship Interview waiting room is full of people. This lady we talked to arrived at 7:00am and was interviewed right on schedule at 8:30 am. We arrived at 7:00 but decided to have some coffee and croissants at the coffee stall at the lobby. Didn't come up until 7:45am for my 8:15 appointment. My interview started at 8:45 and ended at 9:00.

No cellphones allowed in the building.

Paid $13.20 for 2-hr parking - the one across the street.

Some observations :

A handful of applicants brought lawyers.
A couple brought their 2-3 yr old child. She cried the whole time.
An old man, as he was being ushered inside the room, told the IO he doesn't speak English. The IO called out to the other applicants : "Can anyone translate Spanish?" A lady was kind enough to volunteer.
Some came in suit and tie, others were in very casual attire - jeans and golf shirts.
Some families were interviewed together, some were not.
The I-652 was photocopied on 2 sides -- really badly photocopied. I was expecting the same paper and quality as the other USCIS forms and letters.
There's a TV in the waiting room. Earlier in the day, you can hear it from the other end of the room. After a while, people start talking more and louder.

I Did not receive any yellow check list ? but what is the yellow check list??

It lists the documents you should bring for the interview. I recvd that 2 weeks ago (July 17th) but havent recvd the interview letter itself. Some others have posted similar experience with the order of these 2 letters but I am a bit concerned that it has been 2 weeks and still no sign of the IL.

Congratulations!! My interview was 2 days after you. I hope I can get in the same ceremony. When did you receive the letter?

I noticed that Los Angeles District Office is moving fast. The average time is about 4-5 months. Does the interview take place in many places? Where are the offices located anyway?

The interviews all take place at 300 N. Los Angeles St.

I noticed that Los Angeles District Office is moving fast. The average time is about 4-5 months. Does the interview take place in many places? Where are the offices located anyway?

Is there a timing for the Oath Ceremony?

Hi Guys,

Those of you who received the Oath confirmation, did you all have a time schedule like 10 AM or 11 AM in the letter?

Thanks
Tejas

Hi Guys,

Those of you who received the Oath confirmation, did you all have a time schedule like 10 AM or 11 AM in the letter?

Thanks
Tejas

Yes, the oath letter you receive will give you the time for your ceremony. Many locations have bothe an AM and a PM ceremony, your letter will advise which you are scheduled for.

Oath ceremony - August 28th :)

Updating my time line :)

Wii, I'll see you and 5,998 other new citizens in 2 weeks!