Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Checking the Status of Your Application on travel.state

Guys, don't worry about checking your status application on travel.sate.gov. I was afraid that they didn't get my docs checking every day and then after 12 days it suddenly showed that they got it and on the very next day I got my passport:) It looks amazing!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
A possibility. In the middle of the nat cert, it shows the office which the application was filed, so they might update it to reflect the new location. But more likely due to some other administrative reason (who knows, maybe the judge wants to leave early to beat traffic for vacation..). Fortunately OC is at the LA ceremony, so it shouldn't be too much of a big change for the reschedule. Hopefully your new date will arrive very soon.

Thanks guys. I hope this won't be a long delay. I'll keep you guys posted.

waiting repy from an expert

Passport and N600

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I apply N600 form- Certificate of Citizen for child after the applying for passport for the child.

Will my child get GC back after applying for passport as this is required for N600?

I'm not an expert, and don't KNOW the answer to your question.

But, logically, if your child is now a US citizen, they should not have, nor need, a green card. When adults take their citizen oath, their green cards are collected at that point.

To recieve more answers, I suggest you start a new thread, rather than tacking your query on at the end of a LA timeline thread.

Thanks! You mean when I go for oath, my child gc will be collected at that time.

No, I meant that when an adult goes to the oath ceremony, the adult taking their oath surrenders their own greencard at that time.

To receive more answers to your original question, I suggest you start a new thread, rather than tacking your query on at the end of a LA timeline thread.

How many minutes is the interview?

Hi Guys,

How many minutes does the interview process take?

Are they prompt on calling at 11.15, or could it get delayed?

Mine is scheduled on July 27, 09 at 11.15 AM in Los Angeles.

Thanks
Tejas

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Tejas

Tejas, You questions are impossible fro anyone to accurately answer. All i have to offer is my experience.
My interview was scheduled for 7.15Am. i arrived promptly, but was not called till 7.35am. I don't think you can ever rely on not being delayed.
My interview should have been relatively straight forward, my IO was a complete stickler (IMO, either inexperienced or incompetent), and my interview took 40 minutes. My husband did comment that others who went in after me were out much more quickly.

Good luck!

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Tejas

The DO was backed up like a sewer on our interview day. Waited over 1.5 hours.. Interview was only 10-15 mins. It's just hit and miss. Could be less, could be more. Would plan for 2-3 hours total, and if you are done earlier, consider it an extra bonus.

this Friday will be 4 weeks since my passport application with regular processing, and passport agency sent me e-mail today that passport was processed and I can track it by USPS tracking #

Reg: Interview/Name Change

I had my Interview on Friday, everthing went well and i asked IO to change my name. My first name has three words out of which i want to Abbreviate two words as middle name, he said they dont agree to abbreviate(S S), then i used full words as middle name.

Once again I am planning to request during the OATH. Some postings say name change will delay OATH and they have different Dates(court) to OATH.

Any experiences - Please post.

PD: 4/10/09
FP: 4/25/09
ID: 7/17/09

Had my interview today at the LA office. It was quick; less than an hour. No same day oath. I am a happy camper :)

Sent N-400 04/01/09 to Phoenix address
PD: 04/02/09
FP: 05/16/09
IL: 05/27/09
ID: 07/22/09 (passed :)
OL:?
OD:?

Recent processing times - Interview Letter

Anyone has recent dates for IL? It has been almost 2 months since FP and I am still waiting on IL. I am wondering it there is an issue.

Los Angeles DO

05/09/11 - Application Mailed to PHX
05/11/09 - Priority Date
05/18/09 - Check Cashed
05/20/09 - NOA1 Recvd
05/26/09 - Finger Printing Letter rec'd For 06/06/09
05/30/09 - FD walk-in
xx/xx/09 - IL
xx/xx/09 - ID
xx/xx/09 - OD

Applied July 15 - 90

Hello everyone! Woot, I just applied 8 days ago!!! I'm anxious! From what I am seeing from people's timelines, the citizenship process is taking about 6-7 months here in Los Angeles?

Does anyone know how long the delay is if you want to have a name change in Los Angeles DO?
I mean the Oath ceremony for name change applicants is only at U.S.D.C and there will be only 75 people only. And by that, there will be a great delay for having a name change. Anyone knows this experience?

Hi SimiValley,
i had my FP on 06/19/2009 and i got my interview letter on july 02, 2009 and is scheduled on 08/31/2009.
and my priority Date is 05/28/2009

RSM

Received my passport yesterday - I didn't expect it to look so pretty with all the scenic backgrounds and quotes, nice job for whoever designed it! Once I get my certificate and card, I feel I can finally celebrate happy end :)

SATN400 - I have attempted a minor spelling change at the oath - the workers looked so shocked like they never heard of such nonsense, that I didnt even insist.

Interview Letter

Hi SimiValley,
i had my FP on 06/19/2009 and i got my interview letter on july 02, 2009 and is scheduled on 08/31/2009.
and my priority Date is 05/28/2009

RSM

Hi,

When did you recv your Yellow Check List letter if you got one? I did get that a few days ago but still no sign of the interview letter.

Thanks,

05/09/11 - Application Mailed to PHX
05/11/09 - Priority Date
05/18/09 - Check Cashed
05/20/09 - NOA1 Recvd
05/26/09 - Finger Printing Letter rec'd For 06/06/09
05/30/09 - FD walk-in
07/16/09 - Yellow Check List Recvd
xx/xx/09 - IL
xx/xx/09 - ID
xx/xx/09 - OD

Do they have different set or levels of IOs for naturalization interviews and GC interviews? Are the waiting areas separate?

Our GC interview was held in a booth instead of a room or cubicle. My family and the IO remained standing the entire time. Does this mean that the IO was a lower level IO because he didn't have a room? Or do they all have assigned rooms but he may have chosen to interview us in a booth?

I'm asking because our GC interview was pretty easy and quick.. I may even say anti-climatic because we were prepared for the worst. I'm not sure if we had a newbie IO or our case is not as complicated as I see it. But I don't want to be over-confident that the last step is going to be as smooth.