Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Gane said:
I am thinking about applying for N400 through an attorney. Could you please advise good and economical attorney in LA county (Los Angeles/Glendale/Pasadena/Arcadia/Alhambra/Monrovia/Burbank and nearby areas) for this purpose.

Thanks!

James R. Gotcher
(Sherman Oaks, CA)
(818) 990-4922

Edward M. Hepner
(Newport Beach, CA)
(949) 250-0818

Finger Printing done

Thank you for all your input. I finally waited until my appointment time and got the finger printing done on Thursday -26th Jan at 3pm. It was really a breeze; I reached the center at 2:35p and went straight through - no waiting, in fact I finished the FP and even reached home before 3pm!. Now, I have to wait for my interview letter and prepare for the questions in the meantime.
1 question though - when my FP was being done, on 2 fingers (when they do the rolling of each finger), there was a red warning message flashing on the screen "possible match found". What does this mean? The lady doing my FP ignored this, but it is nagging me a little. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you.

Our experience in Santa Ana center

Hello -
This forum has been immensely helpful to us. We (myself and my wife) just came off of our interviews from Santa Ana center. Summary of our experience:

1. We went there about 20 mins before the interview time. We went together. My wife's appointment was at 10.35 and mine was at 11.05 - both by the same interviewer one after the other. My wife finished first and came out. Then I was called.
2. She was very courteous! Very polite!
3. Asked for GC, Drivers license and passport - nothing else.
4. Went through my application - repeted all relevent questions from the application
5. Asked 6 history questions - left remaining four blank as I got all correct
6. Asked me to write a sentence in English: "They live together in a big house"
7. Got signature on the photographs (from the original application - I didnt carry any photographs)
8. Uttered the words "Congratulations .. ... you'll get a letter within 90 days"
9. Gave me a copy of the "Interview Results form N-652" and walked me out.
10. All done in 10 mins or less.

Other relevent info:
Priority date 08/15/2005
Finger print - 09/13/2005
Interview letter received 11/20/2005
Interview 1/30/2006

Goodluck to all that are waiting to have your interview!

..ram

rravisha said:
Hello -
This forum has been immensely helpful to us. We (myself and my wife) just came off of our interviews from Santa Ana center. Summary of our experience:

1. We went there about 20 mins before the interview time. We went together. My wife's appointment was at 10.35 and mine was at 11.05 - both by the same interviewer one after the other. My wife finished first and came out. Then I was called.
2. She was very courteous! Very polite!
3. Asked for GC, Drivers license and passport - nothing else.
4. Went through my application - repeted all relevent questions from the application
5. Asked 6 history questions - left remaining four blank as I got all correct
6. Asked me to write a sentence in English: "They live together in a big house"
7. Got signature on the photographs (from the original application - I didnt carry any photographs)
8. Uttered the words "Congratulations .. ... you'll get a letter within 90 days"
9. Gave me a copy of the "Interview Results form N-652" and walked me out.
10. All done in 10 mins or less.

Other relevent info:
Priority date 08/15/2005
Finger print - 09/13/2005
Interview letter received 11/20/2005
Interview 1/30/2006

Goodluck to all that are waiting to have your interview!

..ram

congrat on your interview.

i see more cases from Santa Ana are being processed (from the PD thru Interview date) around 5 months with no name check pending etc.

hope you will get your oath letter soon. :) congrat again

ocworker said:
congrat on your interview.

i see more cases from Santa Ana are being processed (from the PD thru Interview date) around 5 months with no name check pending etc.

hope you will get your oath letter soon. :) congrat again
Did anyone with an interview in early or mid January get the oath letter? I finished my interview at Santa Anna on January 11 but haven't received anything since. Just trying to get an idea if they wait until a certain date and mail the oath letters in a small window of time??

Priority date 7/11/05
FP 8/10/05
Interview 1/11/06

Oath date

Based on the previous postings, All those who completed interview in January and got the 'congratulations letter' are likely to take oath on March 3rd.

If you miss March 3rd, next date is April 14th.

Typically oath letters for March are mailed in the 1st/2nd week of Feb.

===
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or an immigration expert, my posting above is purely based on guess work.

ladude said:
Based on the previous postings, All those who completed interview in January and got the 'congratulations letter' are likely to take oath on March 3rd.

===
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or an immigration expert, my posting above is purely based on guess work.
Thanks ladude. Hope the letters will arrive as expected:)

Took the oath today

Hi all -Just took the oath today and officially became a US citizen now. Now I have the certificate of naturalization and will get my SS card, DL and other documents updated (I requested a name change), plus will apply for my very first US passport next week.

Here I would like to thank you all of your help and support. Wish you all become US citizens if you are in process to do so.

Take care and God bless,
-fchan100-

Last edited by a moderator:
ladude said:

===

There was a link showing the Oath schedule for L.A. DO.
Does anyone can post it or remind me where I can see it?
Thanks.

To JoeF

JoeF said:
Next Friday is my interview. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel ;)

Hi JoeF - you are very close. Best of luck and you will be in one of the oath sites sworning in very soon. May I extend my pre-congratulation to you - welcome to the "class of 2006". :)

Best Wishes,
-fchan100-

Last edited by a moderator:
To Rahur

Rahul Kumar said:
Pretty quick processing there by CIS. Best of luck

Hi Rahur - you are correct. It seems that here in Los Angeles area the N-400 process is very quick. For a normal case (no namecheck pending or issues) it only takes approximately 6 months. I am one of the cases and so do a lot of my friends with their PDs in 2005.

-fchan100-

fchan100 said:
Hi all -Just took the oath today and officially became a US citizen now. Now I have the certificate of naturalization and will get my SS card, DL and other documents updated (I requested a name change), plus will apply for my very first US passport next week.

Here I would like to thank you all of your help and support. Wish you all become US citizens if you are in process to do so.

Take care and God bless,
-fchan100-

Hi fchan100,
Congrats on your naturalization, I have a question that you have a name change in your application but your oath ceromony took place in LA convention center, my understanding is that any oath related to name change is conducted at US District Court. isn't so?
I also have a name change in my application.

My Timeline
PD 6/10/05
FP 07/26/05
Int 10/24/05 G325 Pending
Oath?????

JoeF said:
Why would it? CIS officers have authority to perform name changes.

I read in the N400 application that applications with name change are conducted at US District Court which can cause delay in the final processing. As you can see only 75 oaths are done in one month in court as oppose to 3500 in LA convention center.

SyedNaqvi said:
I read in the N400 application that applications with name change are conducted at US District Court which can cause delay in the final processing. As you can see only 75 oaths are done in one month in court as oppose to 3500 in LA convention center.

my oath was in the meeting room in a golf club. however, the place is not important... who is going to perform the oath is the important. for my case, even thought my oath place was not in an offical court house, however, the judge was in the oath, and the seal of the court house was in the oath place, and the offical said, even thought the place was not an offical court house, since both things (judge and seal) were in place, the oath place became a "court house" to us.