Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

sony55 said:
Here is the case,
when the service center mails the notice out, they update the system. therefore, you should get your notice today or tomorrow. After that, the district office never update the system thereafter.
sOnY

Hello sony,

Thank you for taken the time and posting the info, that is help. The only thing we need to do now is study, and please wish the best to me and everyone here :)

Got my interview letter, the same day USCIS on-line entry disappeared.

============
N-400 mailed - 7/27/05
N-400 received - 7/28/05
Priority Date - 7/28/05
Notice Date - 8/9/05
Finger Print Notice Date - 8/12/05
Finger Print Date - 8/26/05
App status changed to unavailable: 11/18/05
Interview notice received: 11/18/05
Interview date: 01/20/2006

Interview

Please I was wondering if anybody has had an interview recently for the US Citizenship. How was the interview?

Mr LA said:
Hello sony,

Thank you for taken the time and posting the info, that is help. The only thing we need to do now is study, and please wish the best to me and everyone here :)
Oh, relax my friend. the exam is so easy. I am sure you can pass it without studying. However, i don't want you to be careless about it. Study. read over the 100 questions everyother day. And believe me, by january, you will master it. :)
Good luck to you

Mahmoud

Santa Ana office experience

Hello Ocworker, and all

My self and other friends who reads this post have our interview in Santa Ana office, could you or anyone has an experience in that Santa Ana office, please post your experience, we never been there before .....

Thank you so much for your help.

Thank you

ocworker said:
Hello Mr. LA.

Finally you received your interview notice and congrat.

Thank you ...

My self and other friends who reads this post have our interview in Santa Ana office, could you or anyone has an experience in that Santa Ana office, please post your experience, we never been there before .....

Mr LA said:
Thank you ...

what i did was i got the direction from google map and I had a trial run to the local office before my interview.

they have the parking next to the fed building (where you would have your interview there). I believe it is 6 bucks an hr. Also, you have to go around the building in order to get to the parking entry.

since you have an appointment for your n400 interview, you would be getting into the building from the front door. i waited into the back door which it was for the infopass appointment only.

my appt was around 7:xx am. they would not let me get in until 30 mins before my scheduled interview time.

I went up to 2nd floor. I put down the interview letter and be seated. I waited for around 45 mins or so before I was called into the interview.

First thing the interview officer asked me to show my Driver License and Green Card. She made a copy of them.

We walked into her office. I swore before I sat down...

then the rest of the usual stuff... you might have already read them over and over again...

by the way, no camera cell phone in the building at all.

Dec. 2003 Priority date
Jan. 2004 Fingerprints
Apr. 2004 Interview (at the interview informed that FBI Name Clearance pending)
...As of today, Nov. 25, 2005 still waiting for the FBI's clearance...

are there any updates from LA area applicants? it's been almost 2 weeks since the last post...
keep your spirits up, guys!

dks35 said:
are there any updates from LA area applicants? it's been almost 2 weeks since the last post...

My interview is coming up in two weeks time ie December 21st at El Monte. I have been getting my documents ready. I received my prior three year tax transcripts and I am still waiting for my DMV record.

Apart from that, I am ready to go. Please anybody has a recent interview at INS office in El Monte. Please brief us about your interview.

dks35 said:

Hi dks35,
any update on your case? did you receive any letter from immigration about your N400 application? your interview was only 4 day prior to mine. I haven't received any thing yet.

pd 06/10/05
fp 07/26/05
int 10/24/05

SyedNaqvi said:
Hi dks35,
any update on your case? did you receive any letter from immigration about your N400 application? your interview was only 4 day prior to mine. I haven't received any thing yet.

pd 06/10/05
fp 07/26/05
int 10/24/05

Hi SyedNaqvi,

Nope. I haven't heard anything from them. I am thinking of InfoPass appointment. At this point, I am not going to worry too much, I don't think I can speed it up - it's out of my control. So, I am just going to focus on my life. :)

Guys, please keep updating on anyy development and progress in your cases. Information is critical!!! Good luck to everybody

Mr. LA

Hi Mr. LA -

I have not been here for a while and it seems that you finally got your interview notice... Congratulations...

My interview is on the coming Friday (12/16) and I will let you guys know the details. BTW, please forgive if I cannot post my experience soon enough as my work and school have been dragging me pretty badly these days...

-fchan100-

fchan100 said:
Hi Mr. LA -

I have not been here for a while and it seems that you finally got your interview notice... Congratulations...

My interview is on the coming Friday (12/16) and I will let you guys know the details. BTW, please forgive if I cannot post my experience soon enough as my work and school have been dragging me pretty badly these days...

-fchan100-

How did your interview went? Please keep us posted. My own interview is coming up next week Wednesday (12/21).

Thanks.

Ins Interview

I was just wondering if anybody has been to an interview recently at El Monte. Mine is coming up next week. Please keep me posted on how the interview went.

My interview experience - El Monte, CA (12/16/2005)

Hi all -

This is my interview experience this morning (12/16/2005) at El Monte, CA:

Interview Scheduled Time: 10:00am

Arrived at site around 9:35am. There was a security checkpoint outside the building. I passed thru the checkpoint and went to the interviewee area. Then a security guard asked all the interviewees to show their appointment letter. After looking at them, he pointed us to an elevator that brought us to 2/F.

At 2/F there are already people sitting at the waiting room. It was quiet except for the officers calling names. I was pretty much waiting there.

I was called in around 11:10am by an immigration officer. She led me to her office. Then she asked me to take the oath that I would only tell the truth. I took that and she had me set down.

First she gave me the English test. Read a simple sentence: He cooked last night. Then she asked me to write down a sentence: I went to post office.

Then she handed me the history questions and had me written down the answers. I missed one out of all 10: who is the mayor of the city where I reside (Los Angeles)... :p Still I passed.

Then she went thru my application and confirmed my name change (I requested that). Then she flipped thru my application - my residence, my job, my travel history. However, she did not ask me to show her my passports, tax return, DMV records or anything at all...

Then she asked me those questions like whether I am a member of Nazi Party or a terrorist organization, or have been married more than once at the same time (I have never been married)... :p

Then she asked me to sign at the last section of the application and congratulated me that I have been recommended for approval. Then she handed me the N-652 notice and told me that there will be some oath ceremories sometime next month (January 2006). I will know where and when my ceremory takes place by mail.

I walked out around 11:20am. The interview only took 10+ minutes.

The officer was EXTREMELY nice and to be honest, this is probably the best experience I have with USCIS... :)

Notes:
Never bring your cameraphone. The security is pretty strict about that.

Now I am waiting for the oath mail now...

-fchan100-

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats

congratulations, Fchan100!
Did the officer mention name check, whether it's been completed or anything? thanks.
Please update the forum on the date of your oath!

Congratulations.

Thanks for the update. My own interview is coming up in two days.

Once again, thanks and congratulations.

fchan100 said:
Hi all -

This is my interview experience this morning (12/16/2005) at El Monte, CA:

Interview Scheduled Time: 10:00am

Arrived at site around 9:35am. There was a security checkpoint outside the building. I passed thru the checkpoint and went to the interviewee area. Then a security guard asked all the interviewees to show their appointment letter. After looking at them, he pointed us to an elevator that brought us to 2/F.

At 2/F there are already people sitting at the waiting room. It was quiet except for the officers calling names. I was pretty much waiting there.

I was called in around 11:10am by an immigration officer. She led me to her office. Then she asked me to take the oath that I would only tell the truth. I took that and she had me set down.

First she gave me the English test. Read a simple sentence: He cooked last night. Then she asked me to write down a sentence: I went to post office.

Then she handed me the history questions and had me written down the answers. I missed one out of all 10: who is the mayor of the city where I reside (Los Angeles)... :p Still I passed.

Then she went thru my application and confirmed my name change (I requested that). Then she flipped thru my application - my residence, my job, my travel history. However, she did not ask me to show her my passports, tax return, DMV records or anything at all...

Then she asked me those questions like whether I am a member of Nazi Party or a terrorist organization, or have been married more than once at the same time (I have never been married)... :p

Then she asked me to sign at the last section of the application and congratulated me that I have been recommended for approval. Then she handed me the N-652 notice and told me that there will be some oath ceremories sometime next month (January 2006). I will know where and when my ceremory takes place by mail.

I walked out around 11:20am. The interview only took 10+ minutes.

The officer was EXTREMELY nice and to be honest, this is probably the best experience I have with USCIS... :)

Notes:
Never bring your cameraphone. The security is pretty strict about that.

Now I am waiting for the oath mail now...

-fchan100-