Long term visa for a widowed parent!!

rod_riv95

Both my sister and I have just become a US PR through our separate employers. But unfortunately our mother died in our home country soon after. There are only two children in the family. So right now my father is living alone in our home county. We want somehow get our father (age, 65) to legally live in the USA.

I understand that the current US immigration laws do not permitted PR holders to file family based PR for their parents. Because both my sister and I just got US PR, so we have to wait at least 5+ years to be able to qualify for Naturalization and then file for my father. This is a total 6+ years wait!!

Any gurus out there please give me some advice for my questions:

1) Is there any ground for my father to get PR in US right now? What about any compassionate, or dependent ground?

2) If green card is not a possibility, are there any long-term visas my father can get to just stay in the
US? (Right now he can travel to USA on a visitor visa waver program for a maximum or 3 months)

Thanks a lot,
Rod

PS: you can also email me at rod_riv95@yahoo.com

Could you please pass a message to me also.

I\'m also looking same kind of information for my mother. Exactly i also facing same kind of problem as yours.
Thanks. Sakthi (sakthi@hotmail.com)