Living and working in US as a new GC holder

You seem to be planning too much into the future, haven't won the lottery yet, correct?

In any case you can read the official guide to new immigrants which will answer some of your questions. Choice of residence is entirely up to you. Your education, skills, employment potential, your climate preference, etc. also play into this decision.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-617.pdf

For harsh answers like your I'm feeling sometimes sorry for sharing with complete strangers....
Consider this next time you're answering to other posts...
I know the guide and I've read many things, I was just asking for experiences not for other things...and I see you're busy giving yours away so instead you're ready to give harsh answers to express some kind of (false) superiority or something...

For harsh answers like your I'm feeling sometimes sorry for sharing with complete strangers....
Consider this next time you're answering to other posts...
I know the guide and I've read many things, I was just asking for experiences not for other things...and I see you're busy giving yours away so instead you're ready to give harsh answers to express some kind of (false) superiority or something...

I don't really see how my answer was harsh in any manner. Your chances of hitting the green card lottery are several thousands to one. You are planning in advance for an event which has that kind of odds? It looked pretty strange to me, that is all.
Settling down in a new vast country like US is a difficult choice and very much depends on the person and I pointed you to a resource which will answer some general questions.

For some reason, you have gone back and deleted your original post.