1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

List of things to do AFTER getting the card

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by Retro-victim, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Retro-victim

Retro-victim Registered Users (C)

Do u guys know what else should be done after getting the physical card.
    One of the thing is to take ur Social security card to local SS office & get the "work authorization required" wording removed.

Do you know anything else to be done????
  2. OhNoo

OhNoo Registered Users (C)

Inform your employer regarding change of status.
  3. skds

skds Registered Users (C)

1. to take ur Social security card to local SS office & get the "work authorization required" wording removed.

2. Inform your employer regarding change of status.

What else ?
  4. mydearcard

mydearcard Registered Users (C)

most important start looking for a greener pasture. ;) ;) ;)
    time to make some more bucks. :cool: :cool:
  5. skds

skds Registered Users (C)

so, we do not need to go for a Passport Stamping or so ...
    Then, do you use your plastic card along with the Passport, while traveling out of country ??
  6. sotiredofwaiting

sotiredofwaiting Registered Users (C)

You can also get a "permanent" drivers license in case you didn't have it (that was my case)
  7. Retro-victim

Retro-victim Registered Users (C)

I think u r right, only plastic card should do