List of documents for I-485!

Beacon Pc

Registered Users (C)
Hi I am new to this forum. What documents do I need to file for I-485. What is certified tax return ? Do I have to submit this for AOS? Thanks for your help.

yes u can do it urself
but it is better to consult a lawyer

for employment based adjustment of status the following are a list of documents submitted by me(all copies)

i applied for ap/ead/aos
4 photos
3 months bank statement
employment letter(with full job description details)
2 months pay stubs
marriage certificate
affidavit of support
copy of I-140 approval
birth certificate
biographic information
copies of tax returns
I-94 copy
H1 transfer approval notice
cheques for filing fees
document for appointing lawyer

daughters birth certificate
wife\'s birth certificate

also gave copies of my certificates and experience details again to attorney - am not sure if he filed them or not

repeat - hire an attorney - that is the better route

in addition,

you need to submit the following too:
a) medical examination report
b) copy of all the pages of the passport

Only the \'Affidavit of Support\' needs to be notarized; none of the other documents need be notarized.

Is an affidavit of marriage sufficient?

I used an affidavit of marriage for my H1. Is that enough or should I need to get a marriage certificate?

thanks

IMO, the bank statement is part of the evidence of current financial support.

Almost all the applicants (including self) appear to be submitting the bank statement.

affidavit of support?

Hi, I have a few questions:

1.What is affidavit of support?
2. what is H1 transfer approval notice
3. Does spouse and children\'s I-94 and other documents(H-4, i245, etc...) should be included as well?

Thanks!

1. Affidavit of support (I-134/I-864) needs to be submitted alongwith I-485 application if you have depenedents; in simple terms, you state that you are financially capable of taking care of your dependents and that they won\'t become a public charge; it needs to be notarized.

2. ALL H1 (transfer) approval notice(s) : Form I-797; you must also include ALL the H4 approval notices of your dependents; this is to show that you have maintained valid status during the ENTIRE period of any US stay.

3. Yes

Remember, that you need to provide only copies; keep originals with you.

is Bank Statements required?

My lawyer did not specify that i should provide him my last 3 months Bank Statement copies. I would like to know if this is required.

Although I have sumbitted last 4 months paystubs and 2001 W2 along with last 3 year tax returns, he says this is enough.
Kindly let me know what u have to say as per the Bank Statements copies.
Thanks

If your I-485 has already been filed,

then there is nothing that you can do about it; if not, send your lawyer your latest bank statement; you don\'t need to submit 3 months statements.

No Title

I heard few months ago, I-485 filers need not submit tax returns as IRS was too backlogged. I don\'t have the url link, but maybe someone can confirm this.

My lawyer is not asking for Tax papers ,W2 and paystubs?

Hi Gurus,
My lawyer is not asking all the above mentioned papers?Does it cause any RFE?

tHANKS