\'limited review cases in federal DOL\'

Alan Ford

Does anyone know what is the timeline for limited cases submitted to DOL. My company filed my application for labor cert. with DOL last July (2001), Dallas, TX, and from the timetable I see that the DOL is currently processing cases submitted in January 2000 (?!)!!! However the law firm handling my case is telling me that applications with \'limited review\' (meaning not many applicants applied for my position) are being processed faster, and as a matter of fact they are working on July 2001.
Can anyone tell me something about this \'limited review\' case, if such thing exists, and if truly the timetable looks different?

Thanks

Limited Processing

Hi,
I guess limited processing means RIR (Reduction in Recrutment). I\'m not sure though check it up with your lawyer. Texas service center is going very slow now a days. My RIR EB3 Labor was filed on 05/28/01, Still waiting for approval.

Keep Ur finger crossed!!!!!!

No Title

limited review actually refers to cases that did not have (m)any applicants for a position. My case supposedly has only a few applicants and none of them fit the "profile".
The lawyer is claiming that the time it takes Federal DOL to process those limited review cases is much shorter than regular. I could not find anything on that anywhere I looked and I was just wondering if anyone else knew anything about it.

Limited Review

You are right, the application fits into Limited review bucket. If the job description is unrestrictive and there are very few or none applicatants responded to the ads.

limited review

Mine was sent to the Denver office for "limited review" - they decided they didn\'t have the any expertise in that job category and sent it to Dallas DOL in Aug 2001. Since then have not heard a thing although lawyer says they are only 6 months behind not Jan 2000!