*** Likely march interview tracker ** friends lets share new NVC process info etc....

Krishna,sailing permit not required

dont worry about that as well as IRS 9003 forms. both are not required anymore.

sri-il

ps: check with chennai consulate regarding pcc validity as per posts in another thread, they have made it 6 months validity....I dont know whether it is months or year valid. In my case i have just applied in chicago so I need not worry.

howlong...

Originally posted by hate_tsc
Hi sv4G !

Thanks for sharing the insides. However I have couple of question, hope you can shed some light.

1. Do you fall under the new NVC process which is effective dtd. 10.01.02 ?
2. Even if the answer to the above question is 'NO'. How long did it take for your P3 to get reviewed (and sent to respective consulate in India) once it shows up in NVC's system. (From what I know any correspondence regarding a CP case is received via regular mail and it is then keyed in the system.)

P3 sent to NVC - 12.05.02
P3 reflected/keyed in, on NVC system - 12.23.02

Cheers !!

Hi:

Just logged in today... :)

For ur questions...

I am so gald, I was not fall under the new NVC procedures...

But... hate to stuck like this. My case was received by NVC on 10th of SEP 02 and issued a pay bill on 25th which went to my lawyers office and I could receive it only on 10th of Octber (lost lot of time here). I mailed out P3 to Saint Lus... on 10/16
and they received my case next day and my check was cleard on Oct 31st.

Unfortunately, they misplaced my wife's cashier check eventually the DS230 too.. Which should not happen to anyone.. I am so glad that they didn't stop processing mine though they were missing my wife's Docs and finished reviewing my case by 29th
of November. That means, it took just a few days to review my case after they received my case from St. Lus... But they could not forward this case to consulate in India as they are reviewing my wife's Ds230 which I had to mail it to them again on 16th as a result of lost. They took 38 days (Nov 4th - Dec 11th) on investigating the missing Cashier check which they found it and cleared on 13th of December.

According to NVC, They started reviewing my wife's case on 20th of this month. God knows, howlong I have to wait still.... eventhough mine was done in just a few days... At this point, I am expecting March 03 interview.

My friend, I would say that time duration varies case to case. Hope ur's will be done soon... :)

Thanks,

Re: Krishna,sailing permit not required

Originally posted by sri-IL
dont worry about that as well as IRS 9003 forms. both are not required anymore.

sri-il

ps: check with chennai consulate regarding pcc validity as per posts in another thread, they have made it 6 months validity....I dont know whether it is months or year valid. In my case i have just applied in chicago so I need not worry.

Hi Sri,

When I talk to person ( Her name is Usha(Chicago), i guess) who issued my PCC in NOV told me that, the validity of this PCC remains for an year from the date of issue. May be u should check with her and see what answer u may get...

Thanks,

How to find out if NVC review has started?

Hello All!
How do we find out if the packet-3 is waiting for review, or if the review has actually started?

Most of the entries on cptracker.com have dates like:

NVC Receives P3................12/01/2002 (for example)
NVC Reviews P3.................12/15/2002 (for example)
NVC Sent P3 to Consulate...12/31/2002 (for example)

My Packet-3 was received at NVC in the second week of December. But if I call them, all they say is that it is "under review and the review will take 6 to 8 weeks".

My question is - how to figure out when NVC actually starts reviewing the Packet-3?? The operators either do not know this information, or are not willing to share it.

Can anybody please answer?

Aish

Re: How to find out if NVC review has started?

Originally posted by Aishwarya
Hello All!
How do we find out if the packet-3 is waiting for review, or if the review has actually started?

Most of the entries on cptracker.com have dates like:

NVC Receives P3................12/01/2002 (for example)
NVC Reviews P3.................12/15/2002 (for example)
NVC Sent P3 to Consulate...12/31/2002 (for example)

My Packet-3 was received at NVC in the second week of December. But if I call them, all they say is that it is "under review and the review will take 6 to 8 weeks".

My question is - how to figure out when NVC actually starts reviewing the Packet-3?? The operators either do not know this information, or are not willing to share it.

Can anybody please answer?

Aish

Hi Aishwarya
After sending p3 to NVCit will take 15 days to enter DS230 details into the system.Once a case is keyed into the system the operator will tell you that the case is under review, from this date it may 2 to 4 weeks for complete review. Once review completed they will send it to respective consulate. NVC operator will tell when your case was mailed to Consulate.
Hope i answered ur questions.
Cheers.
Krishna.

Hi Folks,

I have my CP (have my wife as a dependent on my GC) going on and have shown my wife's status as H1 (got converted from H4 to H1) based on her employment that she took up last year, i.e. before I started my CP. She never travelled to India after getting her H1 so does not have her H1 stamped on the passport, and the previous H4 stamp has expired now.

Question:

Is it necessary to get her H1B stamped before we have our CP interview. I probably would get it stamped anyway but wanted to have your opinion and see if I can save some Time and $$$.

To my knowledge while doing the CP all the consulate would care about is the valid passport and her H1 approval and her current employment letter, may be some paystub, etc. But I don't think they would really care about having the H1B stamped on the passport. B'coz they will anyway cancel her H1B once we are done with our CP interview.

I would really appreciate your feedback on this.

Wish you guys a Happy New Year !!

Cheers !!

Thanks Krishna

Krishna,

Thanks for the reply.

So, in other words:

NVC Receives P3 = date NVC received the mail from us

and

NVC Reviews P3 = date the DS230 was entered into the system

So once the P3 has been entered into the system, the next update the operators can give is the date it was forwarded to the consulate?

Is this correct? Please confirm... this is causing me some headache and confusion, which may be needless.

Aish

Re: Thanks Krishna

Originally posted by Aishwarya
Krishna,

Thanks for the reply.

So, in other words:

NVC Receives P3 = date NVC received the mail from us

and

NVC Reviews P3 = date the DS230 was entered into the system

So once the P3 has been entered into the system, the next update the operators can give is the date it was forwarded to the consulate?

Is this correct? Please confirm... this is causing me some headache and confusion, which may be needless.

Hi Aishwarya,
U r right.
NVC starts Review P3 = date the DS230 was entered into the system.To complete review it may take 2 to 4 weeks.
I think

Aish

Originally posted by krishnatrk
Hello hate_tsc,
Good to see your case keyed in to the system for review.
After i saw ur post i called NVC, they said that my case also keyed into system on 23, looks like we are sailing on the same boat.
I got answer from the oparator saying case is inprocessing.
Did they say same thing to U???.
Please share...
How long it will take to complete review? do have any idea?.

Thanks,
Krishna.

I checked with NVC a while ago on my P3 review. I got to know that my case is still under reivew (a standard reply - it will take 4-6 weeks to reivew). I checked with the NVC officer if there is any RFEs that has been raised for my case and so far there was none ... I was just being over cautious.

My gut feeling is that the case will get forwarded to Mumbai in couple of days.

Since our case are keyed-in the NVC system on the same day, I would appreciate if you could keep me posted with your progress.

Cheers !!

Hi krishnatrk, hate_tsc,

I sent my bills to NVC on 15th December 2002. Can you guys please let me know how long did it took for you to receive P3? also would appreciate if you could let me know the list of documents that we need to send them along with DS 230 forms.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by hate_tsc
I checked with NVC a while ago on my P3 review. I got to know that my case is still under reivew (a standard reply - it will take 4-6 weeks to reivew). I checked with the NVC officer if there is any RFEs that has been raised for my case and so far there was none ... I was just being over cautious.

My gut feeling is that the case will get forwarded to Mumbai in couple of days.

Since our case are keyed-in the NVC system on the same day, I would appreciate if you could keep me posted with your progress.

Cheers !!

Hello hate_tsc,
Thanx for update.
I checked with NVC as u suggested i got the same repply as u got.
What do you mean by NVC officer ? Is that other than the operator?
When i called the operator she told that once the review done they are going to intimate lawer, is it right?.
I guess better we check again on monday.

Cheers.
Krishna

Need Help on H1 and H4

Dear Friends I need your help in this matter.

Yesterday my attorney had sent Pkt-3 to NVC and I am expecting my interview in April.

My current H1 is going to expire on March 13, 2003. My employer had sent H1 extension application to NSC yesterday so I am expecting it's approval may come in March first week or second week. (As per today processing time)

Now my concern/question is

-->> what will happen in case I am not getting H1 approval before CP-interview ?
-->> Stamping on my passport is going to be expired on same date 03/13 /03 what I have to do (I don't have time to send for revalidation)???
--->> My wife is in India right now and her H4 visa is also going to be expired on same date ? What I have to in that case ? Do I need to apply for H4?

Please give me your input on these it will help me .

Thanks

Dax

Originally posted by ramsi_2000
Hi krishnatrk, hate_tsc,

I sent my bills to NVC on 15th December 2002. Can you guys please let me know how long did it took for you to receive P3? also would appreciate if you could let me know the list of documents that we need to send them along with DS 230 forms.

Thanks in advance

Hi ramsi_2000,
It took one month to receive p3.
U have to send only Barcode sheet along with DS230 forms.
cheers,
Krishna.

Re: Need Help on H1 and H4

Originally posted by dax99
Dear Friends I need your help in this matter.

Yesterday my attorney had sent Pkt-3 to NVC and I am expecting my interview in April.

My current H1 is going to expire on March 13, 2003. My employer had sent H1 extension application to NSC yesterday so I am expecting it's approval may come in March first week or second week. (As per today processing time)

Now my concern/question is

-->> what will happen in case I am not getting H1 approval before CP-interview ?
-->> Stamping on my passport is going to be expired on same date 03/13 /03 what I have to do (I don't have time to send for revalidation)???
--->> My wife is in India right now and her H4 visa is also going to be expired on same date ? What I have to in that case ? Do I need to apply for H4?

Please give me your input on these it will help me .

Thanks

Dax

Even if you get H1/H4 extension, first thing they are going to do when you go for CP is to cancel your H1/H4.
Dont worry about stamping in passport as it is only for entry into the USA.
According to the Department of State Memo (http://imminfo.com/Resources/DOS/DOSMemos/DOSMemos.html)

AN ALIEN IN AN NIV STATUS PERMITTING EMPLOYMENT (E.G., E, H, L, O, P, ETC.) WHO FILES A TIMELY APPLICATION FOR AN EXTENSION OF STAY IN THAT SAME CATEGORY MAY CONTINUE WORKING FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER FOR UP TO 240 DAYS AFTER/AFTER EXPIRATION OF THE I-94, UNLESS INS DENIES THE APPLICATION BEFORE THAT TIME.

So, even if your CP interview gets delayed by another 6 months, you will still be safe. H1 Extension doesnt take more than 6 months, usually.
I am not an attorney, i am just giving you the facts i know.

Re: Re: Need Help on H1 and H4

Thanks Cannon576 !!!!

---What I understood (in short) is there is no problem for H1/H4 extesion (approve or delaye ) before CP Interview.

I have only one qestion ....

suppose I do not receive my H1 approval before CP interview and now I have to go for Cp interview .. Is there any problem at the airport/immigration authority due to my I-94 is expired as well as visa stamp is expired ?....

I need help as anyway I think I do not have time left.

Thanks

Dax

Originally posted by cannon576
Even if you get H1/H4 extension, first thing they are going to do when you go for CP is to cancel your H1/H4.
Dont worry about stamping in passport as it is only for entry into the USA.
According to the Department of State Memo (http://imminfo.com/Resources/DOS/DOSMemos/DOSMemos.html)

AN ALIEN IN AN NIV STATUS PERMITTING EMPLOYMENT (E.G., E, H, L, O, P, ETC.) WHO FILES A TIMELY APPLICATION FOR AN EXTENSION OF STAY IN THAT SAME CATEGORY MAY CONTINUE WORKING FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER FOR UP TO 240 DAYS AFTER/AFTER EXPIRATION OF THE I-94, UNLESS INS DENIES THE APPLICATION BEFORE THAT TIME.

So, even if your CP interview gets delayed by another 6 months, you will still be safe. H1 Extension doesnt take more than 6 months, usually.
I am not an attorney, i am just giving you the facts i know.

If you show the receipt notice that you have filed for extension you should be able to go india without any problem. Though, I am not sure about coming back to USA using the same visa. Since you are going for CP interview, it shouldnt matter for you. If you want you can take a printout of the memo and keep it with you in case you bump into a dumb airport security official. A statement from Powell should be strong enough for any dumbo.
If you are still concerned, call your attorney. If you are doing your CP through an attorney, you should be able to call him up and ask him about this.

Thanks Canon !!! This will help me.

Dax

If you show the receipt notice that you have filed for extension you should be able to go india without any problem. Though, I am not sure about coming back to USA using the same visa. Since you are going for CP interview, it shouldnt matter for you. If you want you can take a printout of the memo and keep it with you in case you bump into a dumb airport security official. A statement from Powell should be strong enough for any dumbo.
If you are still concerned, call your attorney. If you are doing your CP through an attorney, you should be able to call him up and ask him about this.

Thanks Canon !!! This will help me.

Dax

::cool:

Interview likely in March

My P3 was

reviewed by NVC on Dec 17 and
sent to Chennai on Dec 27
Chennai rec'd package - confirmed on Jan 6
Chennai consulate says March interview likely- Jan 7

People sailing in the same boat, pl. post and exchange notes

Re: Interview likely in March

Originally posted by vxg113
My P3 was

reviewed by NVC on Dec 17 and
sent to Chennai on Dec 27
Chennai rec'd package - confirmed on Jan 6
Chennai consulate says March interview likely- Jan 7

People sailing in the same boat, pl. post and exchange notes

I am very confused as to how people know that NVC reviewed their case on a particular date. I spoke to an NVC operator, and was told the following sequence:

NVC gets the Pkt-3 (from STL in old process, from applicant in new process)

NVC enters Pkt-3 into the system -- after about 10 days

Pkt-3 waits for review -- ?? days?

Pkt-3 is reviewed -- 10-12 days

Pkt-3 is sent to consulate.

Your case was reviewed by NVC on Dec 17, can you confirm when NVC received the case and when they entered it into the system? That will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Aishwarya