Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Kdivekar -- are cover letter, appointment letter

and OF-171 are one and the same or all three are different documents?

Are all three sent by the consulate along with P4?

Thanks in advance,
MBM

Not sure about cover letter...but OF-171 & appointment letter are one and the same and used synonymously which contains interview details and instructions and sent along with P4 once interview is scheduled!

mbm:

What stage are you at in the CP process? I checked cptracker.com and there were no updates against your id!

I have seen the format of the email to be sent to the Consulate inquiring regarding the PCC from the Indian side. Unfortunately, I have searched on the boards and cant seem to find it. Can someone point me to that or let me know what email they have sent to Mumbai Consulate. We do have PCCs from the Indian Emabassy in Washington DC.
Thanks in advance

su_gupta:

Well there is no specific format. Send an email to the consulate with your case number and your question. You will get an appropriate response.

Last edited by a moderator:
kdivekar, thanks for your response.

Our case has reached Chennai consulate (EB case), sent from NVC on Aug 14th '03.

Expecting Oct '03 interview.

I missed entering our details in cptracker.com, will update it shortly.

Thanks,
MBM

Got interview date in last week of october as requested (as opposed to 1st week of october as informed by consulate earlier)! More details as things get confirmed!

Also scheduled medicals @Breach Candy for 24th october. Remember hospitals closed on saturday and sundays!

ddagsyn:

how many days before the interview must one arrive.
Answer: Really upto you. Recommended to leave USA atleast 5 days prior to the interview - approx. 1 day to reach, 1 day for medical checkup and then couple days later is the interview day.

How long does it take to do medicals and get results and can medicals be done on sat
Answer: Medical check up is done the same day and medical report is given the same evening unless complications arise where one needs to meet with a doctor!
Generally hospitals are closed and doctors not available on weekends.

I have scheduled my medical @ Breach Candy 3 days prior to my interview. And I will be reaching 1 day prior to my medical check up.

So kidevekar you plan on doing ur medicals on a friday with a monday interview date.
Also the I 134 affidavit can be notarized by any notary. It does not have to be done by the company notary etc or the lawyer
thanks

yes i have scheduled my medicals for friday (10/24) and monday (10/27) is the cp interview. saturday-sunday hospitals are closed and doctors not available. if for some reason medical reports do not come in time then one can take the medical report any other day during the week and turn in medicals and get gc approval stamp on passport and other paperwork.

I-134 can be notarized by a notary within usa. I have got it notarized from my bank manager.

Sent my AC I-140 Papers to Mumbai consulate

I sent my AC I-140(EB3) papers to Mumbai consulate, which were refused by Chennai consulate because of Heavy workload and Limited manpower.

Kdevikar,
Mumbai consulate received on 09/08/2003, when do you think i will get confirmation, whether they accepted or not??

Srigc

Generally within next 4 weeks bbay cons will respond with a bmb case number if accepted and a reason if rejected! Hopefully it is not the latter.

October CP

October CP

I am also expecting a CP appointment in October.. My case details are as follows:

Category: F4
Priority date: 06th Feb, 1991
Case dispatched from NVC: 28th May, 2003
Case entered into the Mumbai consulate's system: 04th June, 2004.

I wasn't able to get a CP appt. due to the retrogression of the India F4 Category in the recent couple of months.. The NVC has told that the priority date can be expected to advace for the month of October (Read below..) -- it is likely that my priority date would become current and possibly Mumbai consulate would put me on their list for October..

It is be strange to tell you that my CP appointment got extended by 2 months due to the retrogression of the priority date. The priority date was already current a couple of month's back but my case paper's weren't here..

:( :(

I hope to seek some support and information from all of you..

Thanks..

------------------- Taken from NVC visa bulletin --------------------------------------

D. POTENTIAL RETROGRESSION OF THE INDIA FAMILY FOURTH PREFERENCE CUT-OFF DATE

Continued heavy applicant demand for numbers has required the retrogression of the India Family Fourth preference cut-off date for September. This action was necessary to hold issuances within the annual numerical limit. The India Family Fourth preference cut-off date can be expected to advance for October, which is the start of the new fiscal year.

---------------------END------------------------

way2usa:

if you call consulate @23637407/ 7408 and provide your bmb number you will get your interview date if it is in october. Dates have been finalized as off late last week and P4's have been mailed out!

Hi kdivekar,
Good to know that you got your date for the CP. What is the best time to call the Mumbai consulate? I was waiting for the list to come on the web and didnt know that you can call them. Thanks for sharing the information about calling. I have noted down the number you have given, but if you could tell the best times to call.

Secondly, would the email work? Just in case I cant get through them.

Thanks for your help.

best time is early morning in india 9:30 which means 12am EST. thats what i did..got thru first attempt!

Email is also a good option but response time is about 2+ weeks. But official interview list will be out next monday/ tuesday! So may not make sense to send an email!

Hi kdivekar,
I plan to ring them tonight. Thanks again for your prompt help. Sorry to keep asking you questions.

We are planning to have our medicals done at Hinduja. Though I note that you have scheduled an appointment at Breach Candy. What is the best time to ring the hospitals to schedule the appointment and secondly what do you have to mention-like, Medicals for US immigration or anything else?

Thanks again for your help.

you are most welcome!

The reason I took Breach candy is bcoz you can call them 24x7 and tell them you want to get IMMIGRANT MEDICAL CHECK UP done and give your full and complete name and how many applicants.

Hinduja and Lilavati have specific times to call to take a medical appointment which are a little inconvenient if one has to call from East coast. Plus the photo studio where one can click immigrant photos is walking distance from Breach Candy hence my decision to go with BC. Needless to say Hinduja & Lilavati are exceptionally good and in fact closer to my house..yet with BC i can get photos and medical check up done in one shot!

Check this site for details!
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhimmi.html#medical

What would be a good point of entry
Chicago, NY or houston. In terms of getting the GC after landing
thanks