Likely Chennai February Interview

Sorry, I did send an email to them and they confirmed that my Interview will be in April. I was just waiting for the date of my interview. Do you think I should just go ahead and book the tickets now? I could get only four weeks of vacation. I was not sure when my interview date would fall. Thanks.

Call to confirm the interview date

Lavanya,

If I were you and I had received a confirmation e-mail about the interview date in April, I would have done two things.

1. Shoot an e-mail back to the US consulate after a week from the first e-mail?
2. Give a telephone call the US consulate immigrant section to confirm the interview date?

Buying the air ticket without a confirm interview date may not be a wise decision. But you can put a hold on tickets.

I hope you get to know the date very soon.

Thanks and Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the consulate and emailed too. They are not disclosing the interview date. It could be that they would also know only by end of this week.
Anyway I guess the website will be updated by the end of this week or early next week, right? Then I would know my date.

Is this a correct statement that the employment categories are scheduled around the second week of the month? In that case I would have some time to book the tickets.

Guys, any idea about this?
I know this has been discussed in other threads too. But just a quick question.
Should my employer's name and address be given in my affidavit of support?
For my daughter, I know I have to give the affidavit of support.

But my attorney has entered my name in my affidavit making it a self affidavit of support? Please advise.

Originally posted by Lavanya
I called the consulate and emailed too. They are not disclosing the interview date. It could be that they would also know only by end of this week.
Anyway I guess the website will be updated by the end of this week or early next week, right? Then I would know my date.

Website of all the US consulates are updated towards the middle of the month. Anywhere from 13 - 18 of the month.

Is this a correct statement that the employment categories are scheduled around the second week of the month? In that case I would have some time to book the tickets.
No. The employment category interview are also distributed all over the month, right from the first day of the month to the last day.

Employer only gives a employment letter

Guys, any idea about this?
I know this has been discussed in other threads too. But just a quick question.
Should my employer's name and address be given in my affidavit of support?

You employer just gives the employment letter to you. The company/employer doesn't have to file I-134 (Affidavit of support) for its employee.

For my daughter, I know I have to give the affidavit of support.
You wil have to file I-134 (affidavit of support) for all dependents who will be attending the interview with you.

But my attorney has entered my name in my affidavit making it a self affidavit of support? Please advise.
I don't think you need to show an affidavit of support for yourself. Your job is your support. You don't have to file I-134 for yourself. Looks like your attorney just did it for sake of doing.

Thank you, cpDelhi. You are awesome! You are on top of all these issues. Best wishes for your CP too. Your advise is very much appreciated.:)

How did Mumbai get updated so early? It is just 3/11. Anyway it is good for the Mumbai candidates. Mine is Chennai. Not yet updated. As you said it might take a day or two. Thanks.

cpDelhi,
Any idea how to get the bank statement? My bank is saying that the consulate has to fax them requesting info and I have to fax the bank to permit it to give the info and then they will issue the bank statement describing the account details. Is that correct? Can't we just walk into any branch and get a simple statement saying the account details on their letterhead? Please clarify. Thanks.

Bank statement

The bank should provide a account statement, at the request of
the account holder. You dont' need to produce any request from
the Consulate.

Raju

It's your bank account

Lavanya,

What Raju has said in the above post is absolutely correct. It's your right to have your bank account info typed on a bank's letterhead be availabe to you on your request.

On the other hand, you should be able to show your bank statements of your savings and checking account for last three months (just to be on safe side) to the consular officer.

Thanks & Good Luck.

cpDelhi,
Any idea how to get the bank statement? My bank is saying that the consulate has to fax them requesting info and I have to fax the bank to permit it to give the info and then they will issue the bank statement describing the account details. Is that correct? Can't we just walk into any branch and get a simple statement saying the account details on their letterhead? Please clarify. Thanks.
Hi Lavanya,
Why do you need separate bank statement?.
If you have bank account ,every month bank officials will send monthly statement, was it not sufficient?.
Krishna.

Krishnatrk,
I thought for 'Affidavit of Support' , we need to submit explicitly a reference letter from the bank stating the date the account was opened and the balance in the savings account. Do you think it is not necessary? Please let me know. Thanks.

BCIS form I-134 (affidavit of Support)

Krishnatrk,
I thought for 'Affidavit of Support' , we need to submit explicitly a reference letter from the bank stating the date the account was opened and the balance in the savings account. Do you think it is not necessary? Please let me know. Thanks.

Lavanya,

I-134 (Affidavit of Support from below) is the form that needs to be filled by you and also needs notarization for one per dependent.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-134.pdf

You don't have to get a letter from the bank stating the date the account was opened and the balance in the savings account. Even if you are successful ingetting one such letter, it will not replace the requirement of the above form. But just an optional letter to support will be good. Last 3 months bank statements should work.

Thanks.

Re: BCIS form I-134 (affidavit of Support)

Originally posted by cpDelhi
Lavanya,

I-134 (Affidavit of Support from below) is the form that needs to be filled by you and also needs notarization for one per dependent.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-134.pdf

You don't have to get a letter from the bank stating the date the account was opened and the balance in the savings account. Even if you are successful ingetting one such letter, it will not replace the requirement of the above form. But just an optional letter to support will be good. Last 3 months bank statements should work.

Thanks.
Hi Cpdelhi,
My understading also like that, last three months bank statements were enough.
One question for you. Do we need to take the print outs of I-134 and DS-230 on yellow papers, if so what kind of yellow papers they are?.I new that consulate will provide those forms in p4,but prior to that iwant to fill in acrobat writer and take printout.
Krishna.
Krishna.

Importance of yellow paper

Originally posted by krishnatrk
Hi Cpdelhi,
My understading also like that, last three months bank statements were enough.
One question for you. Do we need to take the print outs of I-134 and DS-230 on yellow papers, if so what kind of yellow papers they are?.I new that consulate will provide those forms in p4,but prior to that iwant to fill in acrobat writer and take printout.
Krishna.
Krishna.

Krishna,

Just my thoughts: The yellow papers for I-134 and DS230 printout by the embassy is just to make life easier for embassy staff for sorting the forms at their office. I don't think thet yellow papers are a requirement. You should be able to print on any white paper.

Thanks.

Re: Importance of yellow paper

Originally posted by cpDelhi
Krishna,

Just my thoughts: The yellow papers for I-134 and DS230 printout by the embassy is just to make life easier for embassy staff for sorting the forms at their office. I don't think thet yellow papers are a requirement. You should be able to print on any white paper.

Thanks.

cpdelhi,
Thank you very much.
Krishna.

Thank you all for your valuable input.
Update:
I received my appointment date ( April 22 ) yesterday March 14th via email.
And my parents in India received packet 4 (today) except for the appointment letter. I guess the appointment letter will be mailed to US, right?
For some reason, chennai consualte website is not yet updated
with the appointment list.

Is there anyone else from this forum for April Interview in Chennai consulate? Please let me know.

Thanks again everyone!