**Likely** August 2003 interview - chennai - Track here

Re: speaking from statistics...

Originally posted by cpDelhi
Keep your fingers crossed to get the July interview, although August interview is more likely (speaking from statistics).

Thanks.

Originally posted by luxGC
Just an Update...............

I am leaving to India on 21st August to attend my interview on 28th. I will post my experience as soon as I can.

Good Luck to all the August CPers !!!!!

Lux

Lux,

Are u flying by Lufthansa? I am flying out of DFW on the 21st byLuft. May be we can get in touch.. Pls send a mail to pasupathiraja@yahoo.com

Booker

Starting Stage III

Hello,

My friend has opted for CP. His 140 is approved this week. He is still a bachelor. He asked me for advice. I told him to start stage III. But wait to get married before he sends the fees to NVC. Because If he sends the money to NVC before getting married he might get interview or GC before marriage.In that case bringing his spouse here it will cause a problem as she will have to wait for her VISA .

Is there any other pro or con for going ahead with stage III of CP while still remaining single?

Any Advice is appreciated!
If there is any other thread please point me to it.
Thanks!

As long as you dont send the DS-230 forms, it should be fine. After getting married, s/he can fax birth certificate of his/her spouse and their marriage certificate. Then NVC will generate another fee bill. Your friend doesnt have to wait for NVC to generate another P3 for his/her spouse; they can use the P3 of primary applicant as the case number is usually the same for both of them.
Even if you send P3 before marriage, its ok as long as your friend gets married before the interview and apply for his/her spouse when s/he goes for the interview. One becomes an immigrant once they enter the USA and hence the immigrant application for spouse has to be made as follow to join, before leaving his/her country.

stage 3

Originally posted by cannon576
As long as you dont send the DS-230 forms, it should be fine. After getting married, s/he can fax birth certificate of his/her spouse and their marriage certificate. Then NVC will generate another fee bill. Your friend doesnt have to wait for NVC to generate another P3 for his/her spouse; they can use the P3 of primary applicant as the case number is usually the same for both of them.
Even if you send P3 before marriage, its ok as long as your friend gets married before the interview and apply for his/her spouse when s/he goes for the interview. One becomes an immigrant once they enter the USA and hence the immigrant application for spouse has to be made as follow to join, before leaving his/her country.

cannon576 thanks. please correct me if i am wrong. per your advise above my friend can send the ds230 and before getting married and go to chennai cp for interview. once he reaches india he can get married and then apply for spouse at the consulate. if this is correct what all documents he will need to do so? can his wife come with him to US after marriage or will she have to wait for her approval separately? if she has to wait then do you have an idea of the time it takes?

Thanks again for your help!

As long as your friend gets married before the interview, its fine. But sometimes, his wife may have to wait for 2-3 months to get interview date as they may not be able to process her file immedietly. If he manages to get married 2-3 weeks before interview and fax the DS-230 forms (for both of them), Birth certificate of spouse and marriage certificate or give it to the consulate in person, sometimes he might be able to take his wife with him for interview. You can search in this forum regarding getting married before CP interview and you will find a post from a guy about how he married just weeks before interview, added his wife, bluffed with the security that he didnt get appt letter for his wife and just took a printout of appt letter from internet twice and talked to the consular officer about his marriage and the consular officer conducted interview for both of them and they both came to the USA together. The only important thing is that once you let the consulate know that you got married, they need couple of weeks to assign a case number for your wife (usually same number). If they havent assigned a case number, then they wont be able to conduct an interview. At the worst case, he would have to wait for 2-3 months.

Update

Hi Guys,

Reached india couple of days ago. Got the lab and medical examination done on the same day Sat 23rd. Reached lister lab at 7:30 and we were out by 8:15(Blood test and chest xray). Dr V is very professional and prompt with appt time. Our entire examination was over within 30mts. If you wear contacts or lenses pls take the prescription with you. Our interview is on the 29th of Aug. How is the rest of the Aug gang doing??

Booker