Light of reason prevails!! House is key problem..

I live in Miami, where are tons of Cubans, as many of the people of this forum may doesn't know, the CUBANS can apply for green card after one year of arrival here, doesn't matter if they entered ILLEGALLY.

The point is that two weeks ago I was listening a Cuban Radio in spanish, where somebody called (in spanish) and said: "THE U.S. MUST BUILD A BERLIN-WALL in the Mexico Border to stop the entrance of ILLEGALS", and the Irony is that the person who made the call, probably arrived here in a F....g Raft! The people F O R G E T where they came from!

I think tusharvk has a point. I don't have an issue about spouse/children getting GC without LC. However, when all the dates were current, GCs were approved in random order. People who filed in 2001 with an earlier PD were still waiting (and are now retrogressed) while some 2003/2004 guys in the same category got approved even though they had completed name checks, fingerprint etc. I just don't see this as fair. If you want to make the system completely fair, you would aim for a proper immigration bill not an amendment to a budget bill.

If you want to exempt people from CAPs why only spouses of people waiting for a GC ? Why not spouses of existing GC holders who must wait 5 years ? Why not create a separate category called "EB Family green cards" as a supplement to the existing FB categories for spouses of all people who are waiting or have already got their GC via employment ?

Of course US immigration is unfair to everyone depending on their point of view or personal situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Groan....the issue is not how much we want...(if given a choice....immigration has to be totally fair....with wait time of not more than 6 months for qualified candidates...)

but the point is what we are being offered....and how to seal that deal....instead of trying to think narrowly about our needs....we are trying to focus on the current proposal...to make sure...whatever noise we create...it is unified...

one day...if we all can unite....we can fight for a fair immigration system...

beware of democrats

I was looking at the Vote result of S.1932
In this majority of democrates were against for this immigration reform, even the major states like new york, california, Illinois.
Eg; Miss Clinton voted against it.
The states that voted agaist are AR, CA, CT, Delaware,MAine,Maryland,MA,Michigan,Minnesota,ND,RI,WA,WV,WI.
Our group from all these sates should contact the congress men, If we loose this opportunity there ends the matter.
Best thing is to draft a letter and fax it.
thanks