Let's track I-485 filed after June 01, 2007 We can track AD, ND, FP etc post 06/01/07

Yes.. recently travelled by road over to Canada and back and have exactly same as your (1) (2) (3) and did not even carry an AP.

You can re-enter provided

1.) You are not from one of the restricted countries as classified by DoS (North Korea, Iraq etc.)
2.) You apply for US visa in Canada and do not get rejected.
3.) Stay in Canada for less than 30 days.
4.) Do not leave Canada to go to some other country and return back to Canada.

This is known as the visa revalidation rule for contiguous territories (Mexico/Canada)

If you are re-entering based on your new I-797 extension, you pay $6 at PoE and get a new I-94.

Anybody got AP approval from NSC for filing date around July 20,2007?

Is it ok to travel CANADA without AP when ,

(1) Visa in Passport is expired.
(2) H1b valid (I-94 ) up to 2010.
(3) I-485 pending

please reply.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

I am going to enter and exit from Rainbow bridge.
I got email from CRIS for AP-Documents mailed.
NSC-AP-Applied on July 23,2007

I will carry AP with me, but I will try to revalidate visa.
I donot want to hurt my H1B status.
what is your opinion?

Yes.. recently travelled by road over to Canada and back and have exactly same as your (1) (2) (3) and did not even carry an AP.

You can re-enter provided

1.) You are not from one of the restricted countries as classified by DoS (North Korea, Iraq etc.)
2.) You apply for US visa in Canada and do not get rejected.
3.) Stay in Canada for less than 30 days.
4.) Do not leave Canada to go to some other country and return back to Canada.

This is known as the visa revalidation rule for contiguous territories (Mexico/Canada)

If you are re-entering based on your new I-797 extension, you pay $6 at PoE and get a new I-94.

FYI - some info received from company HR

All:

We have received word of a new change in processing the H-1B/L-1/O-1 entry visa stamp process. At the moment, we have heard this process impacts only the US Consulates in Canada but consulates in other locations around the world may be impacted in the future.

The Department of State has instituted an additional confirmation system whereby consulates are to confirm visa status through the new PIMS (Petition Information Management Service). The PIMS system will become the primary source of evidence to confirm that a petition was approved. The PIMS confirmation check is causing extensive delays in processing entry visa stamps at the US Consulates in Canada.

Therefore, it is recommended that employees refrain from applying for their H/L/O entry visa stamps in Canada until the system delays have been addressed. Employees are encouraged to apply in their home country for their entry visa stamps.

I think it is safe to revalidate the visa and get a H1 written on the I-94...as I did. Easy one.

That said even if you show your AP and get AoS stamp in your I-94, if still working with the same company do not have to work on EAD, you can very well extend your H1 later and . Your H1 is safe in this case too. An often debated topic but OK with the above knowledge.

Thanks.

I am going to enter and exit from Rainbow bridge.
I got email from CRIS for AP-Documents mailed.
NSC-AP-Applied on July 23,2007

I will carry AP with me, but I will try to revalidate visa.
I donot want to hurt my H1B status.
what is your opinion?

Infopass appointment

Hello,

Does anyone know which option to pick while scheduling an infopass appointment. I am guessing I pick the option

"Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment"

but this stated that I need to bring a Service Request ID Number to the appointment. Any idea where I can get this?

Thanks,
NS_GCD

Thanks,
I will try to have H1B written on my I-94 that is valid up to 2010 (6 to 9 years).

I think it is safe to revalidate the visa and get a H1 written on the I-94...as I did. Easy one.

That said even if you show your AP and get AoS stamp in your I-94, if still working with the same company do not have to work on EAD, you can very well extend your H1 later and . Your H1 is safe in this case too. An often debated topic but OK with the above knowledge.

Card Received

Hi Friends,

Received the Card, feeling a high tide of relief wash over me. Now it's time to wait for my spouse's card.

January 2008 Bulletin..

Seems like we will all have our GC's by 2010 Olympics ....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I wonder what these people were thinking when they made July, 2007 current for everyone.

I expect the same for EB2 RoW soon

We are screwed….

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3897.html

EB2: Jan 1st, 2000
EB3: May 1st 2001

Higher retro for EB2 than for EB3 India was expected.
Several times in my posts I wrote that in early 90s it was the same what we see in January 2008 bulletin.

It is consequences of huge unreasonable migration EB3 to EB2, most of EB3 thought and think now "If I switch category from EB3 to EB2 and TRANSFER MY ORIGINAL EB3 PD, I will be safe and soon get creen card".

It will be funny to see how EB2 people will switch back to EB3 next months especially when EB2 is unavailable.

I can expect the same for EB2 RoW, they also will be screwed soon with retrogression higher than in EB3.

EB2: Jan 1st, 2000
EB3: May 1st 2001

I feel like crying after seeing the dates retrogress. I hope my grandchildren might live to see my GC approve..I hope so ;(

One day United states of America will become Russia once all the educated people leave this country for safety and oppurtunity elsewhere. Seeing all this gun shots in school and colleges and all world terrorists eyeing to bomb United states makes me think am I really safe in this land of oppurtunity? We might be in a wrong assumption that this country is better than any country in the world. It looks like the other way around. Now a days most Indian nationals tend to go invest in their own country than try to stay in America. Guys in reality is it worth waiting more than half of your life for a peice of Plastic?. It seems like we need to find our strength and say once in for all enough is enough and leave this country together for our Mother land. ladies and Gentlemen I beleive our Mother is calling us. Lets start a thread and organize a group and once in for all tell this racist and corrupted Congress that we leaving for our mother land.

Peace.

One day United states of America will become Russia once all the educated people leave this country for safety and oppurtunity elsewhere. Seeing all this gun shots in school and colleges and all world terrorists eyeing to bomb United states makes me think am I really safe in this land of oppurtunity? We might be in a wrong assumption that this country is better than any country in the world. It looks like the other way around. Now a days most Indian nationals tend to go invest in their own country than try to stay in America. Guys in reality is it worth waiting more than half of your life for a peice of Plastic?. It seems like we need to find our strength and say once in for all enough is enough and leave this country together for our Mother land. ladies and Gentlemen I beleive our Mother is calling us. Lets start a thread and organize a group and once in for all tell this racist and corrupted Congress that we leaving for our mother land.

Peace.

I understand that you are frustrated and my sympathies are with you. I can only guess you are venting. But if you believed it you would have gone. You don't need to organize a movement to buy a plane ticket.

India after Gandhi

Peace.

I can feel the love for mother land in your "go back" call. Well all glitters are no gold !!!. True the economic situation of a minority in India has improved whilst the vast majority still are trying to cross the line of poverty. The IT boom and the economic growth etc are no part of any brilliant political agenda.. IT JUST HAPPENED.. I really doubt how we can sustain this growth given the political condition with leaders who ve absolutely no vision ( ofcourz there are exception - again a minority ) and how vulnerable we are to terrorism and regional economic changes.
I suggest you buy and read the book " India After Gandhi ". Will give you some good perspective.

Two Indian

I understand that you are frustrated and my sympathies are with you. I can only guess you are venting. But if you believed it you would have gone. You don't need to organize a movement to buy a plane ticket.

Two Indian student killed in LSU. Pray for the departed soul. May god bless their soul.

Now i don't need to collect money to buy a ticket. being in this palce for more than half of my life i can afford to buy one. Plus you seem to be offended by my comment. did you apply under 245? May be because of that.

If you have applied with a degree in hand you would understand how it feels when you play by the rules and get pushed back all the time and ppl like you who cross the border and get favorable call by Presidents before they leave the office and apply for the green card.