• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Less entries for DV 2012?

Not all get denied...I have no clue how many got denied, but many people never proceed after having entered and winning.

I guess that most people enter without realizing the real fees they have to pay PER PERSON! On top of that they might not read what makes them eligible and most people only do research after they win the NL and figure out what it is all about.

Than you need to have enough money or a sponsor or a job and sponsors aren't jumping up and down to sponsor anyone and be liable down the line. Jobs are not waiting for people, but people are waiting to get a job.

If you are with a family of 4 it means 4 x fees and money for a family of 4!

The US knows what health care will cost and except for the health care department that gives free vaccinations, health care is not for free....neither is rent, groceries, a car, etc...

That is why many people realize that it is more then just entering into a lotery and win a GC..

You don't win a GC either! You win a notification letter stating you can fill out the form to move a step further which is HUGE, if you are eligible on all fronts...many don't even have the job requirement or HS requirement...and don't proceed.

I agree with Bentlebee.
Especially the last part. I called KCC once to confirm I had won and they never use the term "win".
They said "you have been selected for further processing" :)

Not all get denied...I have no clue how many got denied, but many people never proceed after having entered and winning.

I guess that most people enter without realizing the real fees they have to pay PER PERSON! On top of that they might not read what makes them eligible and most people only do research after they win the NL and figure out what it is all about.

Than you need to have enough money or a sponsor or a job and sponsors aren't jumping up and down to sponsor anyone and be liable down the line. Jobs are not waiting for people, but people are waiting to get a job.

If you are with a family of 4 it means 4 x fees and money for a family of 4!

The US knows what health care will cost and except for the health care department that gives free vaccinations, health care is not for free....neither is rent, groceries, a car, etc...

That is why many people realize that it is more then just entering into a lotery and win a GC..

You don't win a GC either! You win a notification letter stating you can fill out the form to move a step further which is HUGE, if you are eligible on all fronts...many don't even have the job requirement or HS requirement...and don't proceed.

Great point bentlebee. I was amazed at the number of "winners" who realize after the fact that they are not eligible having not met the requirements. And a lot of people are not aware of the money it takes to move forward with the processing. As it stands, just by reading the instructions someone may not gather that it takes a lot of money to complete the processing if you are selected.

Since the government needs more money they will keep sending the same amountof NL, deny more and get more funds .

Yeah yeah..The government can't exist without those little fees charged from a winner once a year. without such strategy they'll get poor lol.. Seriously? Those money is nothing to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
50,000 x $800 = $40,000,000 yep chicken feed ...

Hey sonibago, you are wrong.......chicken feed needs more money. It will be approximately $40000000000000000000000000000000000000000. May be this amount is right..........but i am in doubt!!!!

Yeah yeah..The government can't exist without those little fees charged from a winner once a year. without such strategy they'll get poor lol.. Seriously? Those money is nothing to them.

Yes I agree with my friend USAndream :)

It's nothing to them.
40 Millions minus the cost of processing all the application, which must not be high I agree, but let's say 5millions.
35millions is a ridiculous amount to the budget of the US gov which is 3.55 trillion.
SO 35 millions represents 0.001% of the US budget...

Do you think they rather lose the 40 million.....which is actually more, since many do USCIS and need biometrics, medicals, etc...they make more than that and although it might seem like nothing comapred to the deficit....it is still more thane nough to keep a lot of people working in the USA.

I dont think so. If the application is less then there is more chance for all the people to get selected. I dont think this would be the case.

Well, it depends.

1) Since the DV Program is so popular, it might kind of send a wave of panic and applicants would rush to the DV website and register. Result: Much more entries.

2) If there is no wave of panic, there will definitely be much less applicants and you might be have a better chance this time!

3) It's still a matter of luck, but if there is a lesser number of applicants - you have a better chance.

Just keep trying and never give up. A friend of mine won a DV lottery, and THAT is what is giving me h-o-p-e. Yalla!

Unemployment is rising over here so I guess less people will be approved.....so in the end the people who enter and don't have money to support themself or have a job offer or aren't eligible are just taken a chance from the ones who are having their Ducks in a row...