Left the USA voluntarily while on withholding of removal status and want to come visit with a visa

Kebson

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have a situation here, I came into the USA in August 1999 with a F-1 visa. I've been granted withholding of removal status in June 2005 but I voluntarily left the U.S. in November 2008 to live in France as a newly naturalized french citizen thru marriage (I obtained my french citizenship while living in the USA). I haven't been back in the USA since I left but I tried to get the ESTA authorization twice in vain, I got in touch with the DHS to understand why I couldn't get it, they sent me a letter saying that I wasn't barred from coming back to the U.S., therefore I have the possibility to apply for a visa. In December 2010 I applied for a visa but it was denied because I was unemployed at that time, the consular officer told me to wait until my situation changes before I could apply again. As of now, I am in a better situation, I am the co-owner of a company in my homeland and I have plans of applying for a B1/B2 visa this summer in order to attend a medical expo in MIAMI. Do I stand a chance after staying out for over 5 years? My mom has also recently been naturalized in the USA but I'm over 21, married and I have 2 kids. What are my chances of getting sponsored by her and how long will it take?