Law suit - time from filing to hearing from the court

valerit1

Registered Users (C)
I filed 2 weeks ago. Nothing from the court. Called the federal court - told my complaint is there, no dockets yet, asked - how long it usially takes - answer - NO TIMEFRAME!!!. It can take any time. WTF - you file a lawsuit to speed up -
what do you do to speed up the court??!!!

File another Lawsuit ??? LOL .. I am sorry. I wish I could give you an answer but I just thought I would let you know that you made me laught with your post.

Good Luck to you and your journey !

Ladybuggy :p

valerit1 said:
I filed 2 weeks ago. Nothing from the court. Called the federal court - told my complaint is there, no dockets yet, asked - how long it usially takes - answer - NO TIMEFRAME!!!. It can take any time. WTF - you file a lawsuit to speed up -

My lawyer filed my case 3 days ago. However, I searched the PACER for my case and i couldn't fined it.

I called the lawyer today to ask why the case is not on the PACER yet, he informed me it will take some time to appear utile they issue the summons.

I guess i have to go with what he've said. :confused:

Did you ask your lawyer, did he do e-file? If he did e-file, it should appear on pacer right away. Otherwise, it may take some time. It is just mine opinion. When my lawyer filed the compliant for me, I can see it right away at pacer.

Hope it helps and wish you the best,

Jack

moody22 said:
My lawyer filed my case 3 days ago. However, I searched the PACER for my case and i couldn't fined it.

I called the lawyer today to ask why the case is not on the PACER yet, he informed me it will take some time to appear utile they issue the summons.

I guess i have to go with what he've said. :confused:

Hello

My attorney is filing a complaint against TSC and dept of state

Are papers sent via e-mail to court, or papers handed to both departments, can anyone explain proceedure?

Could someone explain what pacer is, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
cajack said:
Did you ask your lawyer, did he do e-file? If he did e-file, it should appear on pacer right away. Otherwise, it may take some time. It is just mine opinion. When my lawyer filed the compliant for me, I can see it right away at pacer.

Hope it helps and wish you the best,

Jack

Hi jack

I juess he filed through the court, not e-filing.

He said it should appear on the pacer early next week.

wish the best for you as well.

Regards,

Moody

I filed it myself, no lawyer, paper copy
given to a clerk. And I paid $350 filing
fee! That is in addition to $400 naturalization
application. BTW, how much did you pay?

valerit1 said:

valerit1 said:

I filed thru a lawyer..not sure what you are expecting from the court but two weeks are too early....we only heard after 90 days when they asked for another 30 day extension...see my time lines below

susan ward said:
Hello

My attorney is filing a complaint against TSC and dept of state

Are papers sent via e-mail to court, or papers handed to both departments, can anyone explain proceedure?

Could someone explain what pacer is, please?

Hi Susan,

What is PACER?
Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) is an electronic public access service that allows users to obtain case and docket information from Federal Appellate, District and Bankruptcy courts, and the U.S. Party/Case Index via the Internet. Links to all courts are provided from this web site. Electronic access is available by registering with the PACER Service Center, the judiciary's centralized registration, billing, and technical support center.

Each court maintains its own databases with case information. Because PACER database systems are maintained within each court, each jurisdiction will have a different URL. Accessing and querying information from each service is comparable; however, the format and content of information provided may differ slightly.

PACER is a service of United States Judiciary. The PACER Service Center is run by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts.

Why use PACER?
The PACER System offers an inexpensive, fast, and comprehensive case information service to any individual with a personal computer (PC) and Internet access. The PACER system permits you to request information about a particular individual or case. The data is displayed directly on your PC screen within a few seconds. The system is simple enough that little user training or documentation is required.

Cost:
Access to web based PACER systems will generate a $.08

Go here for more Information : http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/

I wish you the best ....

Last edited by a moderator: