late EAD an they said they need to call my wife

J0rdan

Hello Everyone,
First of all this is my first post on the forum and I'd like to thank every one of you for the great work you do here.
Me and my wife got married last year in July and I applied for change of status in September. I got my Receipt notices in about a week and I also got the FP notice in about 2 weeks.Did the fp in mid October and now I'm waiting for the EA. I know they got now about 90 days processing time so I waited and waited and it's been 110 days and still nothing. I called uscis 2 days ago and the guy started asking me questions about my wife(birthday, etc) and then he said that someone will be calling her and I'll get some answer from them in about 45 days.
Even though I'm not really worried it just seems weird to me that they need to call her and I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation or ever heard about anything like this.

Thank You,
J0rdan.

Hello Everyone,
First of all this is my first post on the forum and I'd like to thank every one of you for the great work you do here.
Me and my wife got married last year in July and I applied for change of status in September. I got my Receipt notices in about a week and I also got the FP notice in about 2 weeks.Did the fp in mid October and now I'm waiting for the EA. I know they got now about 90 days processing time so I waited and waited and it's been 110 days and still nothing. I called uscis 2 days ago and the guy started asking me questions about my wife(birthday, etc) and then he said that someone will be calling her and I'll get some answer from them in about 45 days.
Even though I'm not really worried it just seems weird to me that they need to call her and I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation or ever heard about anything like this.

Thank You,
J0rdan.

Was your call related only to the EAD? or to the I130 too? USCIS will discuss questions related to a form only with the person that applied for that form. If you raised questions on the I130, they will want to talk only with the applicant, your wife.

Update: About 3 weeks back I got a Request for AE......they were delivered 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a receipt notice or the EAD.

That could been a EAD Interview, which I heard about it like three or four month ago in one of the forums here.

I heard of someone having an EAD interview

Hi, guys sorry i am not trying to hijack this thread but could you guys help answer the follwoing question?

My current EAD is expiring on March 18, 2009. I already have filed for EAD (with NSC) renewal with receipt date of 02/04/2009. What options do I have ?
1) Can I continure working on EAD renewal receipt?
2) Can I expedite the renewal process? If yes. than how? Who do I need to contact and how (phone, visit to local INS field office)?
3) What other options I have to continue with employer? Do i need to go on vacation or tle leave?

Thanks for your help!