last question before sending n-400

kumar2009

Registered Users (C)
i am applying for n-400 85 days before the 5 year anniversary.
just wanted to make sure that i check box A that i have been a lawful permanent resident for atleast 5 years. i should not check box d (other).

i am applying for n-400 85 days before the 5 year anniversary.
just wanted to make sure that i check box A that i have been a lawful permanent resident for atleast 5 years. i should not check box d (other).

Yes, that is correct. The 90-day early filing presumption is that you will have completed 5 years of legal permanent residency by the time your application comes up for review.

There is every chance that you may get to your interview before your actual 5-year date, but you will not be given a chance to take the oath until the 5-year milestone has been completed.

Us-Citizenship

Hello All

My friend of mine married on 2001 with us citizen got her GC almost six years.........she still marride to him but my Question is they live separate life since 2006.they couldn't have a child.plan to try separat ways.they live apart ..........now she want to fill N-400 but there some part information about the husband ,to put different address from hers ...........is going put her on Question.............why they have different address ? she got GC because his citizenship .Thank i hope some one went thrugh that.

Hello All

My friend of mine married on 2001 with us citizen got her GC almost six years.........she still marride to him but my Question is they live separate life since 2006.they couldn't have a child.plan to try separat ways.they live apart ..........now she want to fill N-400 but there some part information about the husband ,to put different address from hers ...........is going put her on Question.............why they have different address ? she got GC because his citizenship .Thank i hope some one went thrugh that.

It wouldn't be an issue at this point since she already removed conditions (I assume in 2004), and she is now eligible to apply based on 5 years of continuous residence as a LPR.

It wouldn't be an issue at this point since she already removed conditions (I assume in 2004), and she is now eligible to apply based on 5 years of continuous residence as a LPR.

Thank Bobsmyth ,she is eligible based 5 years ,so it is okay she has different address.....to tell you truth she want to fill the N-400 like they live together same address, i told her that is not good idea, since her address in VA and his washington dc. he do not need to be there on interviw date ? no question going come up about him ? why they do not have same address.

Thank again Bobsmyth

Thank Bobsmyth ,she is eligible based 5 years ,so it is okay she has different address.....to tell you truth she want to fill the N-400 like they live together same address, i told her that is not good idea, since her address in VA and his washington dc. he do not need to be there on interviw date ? no question going come up about him ? why they do not have same address.

Thank again Bobsmyth

It's not a material fact where her spouse lives as she is not applying based on marriage to US citizen. If the IO asks why they have different addresses, she should just answer that they are separated for now. If she was already divorced, the IO may have wanted to see divorce papers, just as a reference, but it has no effect on her application.

It's not a material fact where her spouse lives as she is not applying based on marriage to US citizen. If the IO asks why they have different addresses, she should just answer that they are separated for now. If she was already divorced, the IO may have wanted to see divorce papers, just as a reference, but it has no effect on her application.

Thanks it clear up a lot

Thank again Bobsmyth

Since her conditions on her gc was removed, she is eligible to apply for citizenship on her own based on 5 years of LPR so living separately or living together won't affect anything with her applying for citizenship as long as she is eligible on immigration rules. Ask her to prepare for exam. Ask her to prepare making copies of tax returns or tax transcripts, marriage certificate, green card, passport(s), and any other documents. Make sure that she has driver license where her current address shows (within jurisdiction of district office)

Only if the immigration/interview officer (IO) asks her:
1) If she is separated but her divorce case is pending, tell IO that she is still separated and her divorce case is pending.
2) if she is separated (no filing for divorce), tell IO that she is separated.
3) if she is divorced, tell IO that she is divorced (should show her divorce decree).

During the interview, do not need her husband to be present with her.