Last minute question on what to bring to POE

smaug87

Hey guys,

As I have mentioned before, I am a Canadian citizen dentist trying to work in US for a job. I have few questions concerning my TN process.

1) My last day of H1B is 6/30/16 (This is from training hospital). My letter states I will work from 7/1/16. Can I leave 6/30/16 and come back right after at 6/30/16. Or, should I leave 6/30/16, and come back 7/1/16 like 1am ish? (Are there officers working at this time??), Or should I leave 6/30/16, stay at hotel and come back at 7/1/16 morning/afternoon? Lastly, can I leave 7/1/16 and come back right after.

2) What documents should I carry. So far, the list I have is. Am I missing anything?
- Letter - stating job, year I am working, compensation, start date.
- Dental School Diploma
- Dental License
- Canadian Passport (of course)
- Contract
- Job Documents (Office LLC's tax return and etc)?
- Resume
- Application Fee - Cash is fine right? Do I need to bring exact change?

3) I am driving back to NY sate area. Is this a smart choice? Is there a good POE vs. bad POE?

Thank you so much.

1. Doesn't really matter. Go during normal business hours: this is a business transaction.
2. The contract, resume and "Job office documents" are meaningless in this process.
3. Doesn't matter.

1. Doesn't really matter. Go during normal business hours: this is a business transaction.
2. The contract, resume and "Job office documents" are meaningless in this process.
3. Doesn't matter.

Thank you Nelsona. I am leaving US today. Can I go to Canada around 11pm today? Is the border open? And should I come back to US around 8am to 5pm?

You can go to the Cdn border anytime, of course. You want to present your TN petition at the US border during business hours.