• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

language interview

abdel65

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I want just ask some questions related to interview:
-1- Are we interviewed in English language or local language?
-2- The principal applicant, should he or she master the English language or it isn't necessary?
-3- Will this language issue affect the final decision of the agent or not?
Or any other related and helpful information, I will be grateful.

Thanks and success to everybody.

They should speak the language of the country in the embassy. But what is the point goinmg to the US when you are not able to communicate on a basic level?

Probably just more comfortable speaking in their native tongue for something so important where they might be nervous?

Hello,

I want just ask some questions related to interview:
-1- Are we interviewed in English language or local language?
-2- The principal applicant, should he or she master the English language or it isn't necessary?
-3- Will this language issue affect the final decision of the agent or not?
Or any other related and helpful information, I will be grateful.

Thanks and success to everybody.
you will be interviewed in the local official language of your country.I dont think that not knowing english is a problem at this stage,I had my cousin who got his interview in french because he was staying in a french speaking country and did not know a single word in english but he managed to get his visa without a problem.Language is not a requirement because you can learn it when yu get to USA,a lot of people do get their GC without knowing english but obviosuly not knowing the language will make it harder for you to settle in the USA quickly

They should speak the language of the country in the embassy. But what is the point goinmg to the US when you are not able to communicate on a basic level?
It is not about me, I am able to communicate in English, it is my wife who is not good in English and she is the principal applicant.

It IS definitely about you! She is the main applicant and your visa depends on hers, it's she who is going to be approved, you are just her dependant and if she is approved then you are too, if she is denied then you too. However, she will probably get it, as far as I know, the interview can be conducted in the local language.

Pryanik :)

It is not about me, I am able to communicate in English, it is my wife who is not good in English and she is the principal applicant.

Last edited by a moderator: