landing & Maple Card

xl088

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Is there anybody who lands Canada recently with landing paper? I plan to land CA at the beginning of next year, but I should come back to USA soon. There are some questions about the Maple Card:

1. When can I apply the Maple Card, the same time while I land CA or after the landing?

2. Will the landing paper be invalid after landing?

3. How long and which way can I get my card? By the mail or I must go to somewhere to get the card personally. Can my relative get my card for me?

4. Shall I need to live in Canada until I get the Maple card? Is there any trouble if I leave Canada without the card? Can I use the landing paper again after landing?

Thanks a lot!

Is there anybody who lands Canada recently with landing paper? I plan to land CA at the beginning of next year, but I should come back to USA soon. There are some questions about the Maple Card:

1. When can I apply the Maple Card, the same time while I land CA or after the landing?
-------- When you land you have to fillup a form, provide Canada address and they will take your Photograph for PR Card
2. Will the landing paper be invalid after landing?
YES, they will stamp it "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL"

3. How long and which way can I get my card? By the mail or I must go to somewhere to get the card personally. Can my relative get my card for me?

-------if you provide your relative address for card at the time of landing your Card will be mailed at Canada address
4. Shall I need to live in Canada until I get the Maple card? Is there any trouble if I leave Canada without the card? Can I use the landing paper again after landing?
----- If you wish you can wait for the Card it can take 3-6 weeks time, you can leave Canada without Card,
You can not use the Landing Paper by air, by Bus, and Taxi but you can enter by foot through any border post or you can go to Canada in Canadian Plated rental car or your Friend /relative can pick you from any US airport and can take you to Canada
your relative can also Mail you your PR card once he/she gets it

Originally posted by ginnu

You can not use the Landing Paper by air, by Bus, and Taxi but you can enter by foot through any border post or you can go to Canada in Canadian Plated rental car or your Friend /relative can pick you from any US airport and can take you to Canada
your relative can also Mail you your PR card once he/she gets it

Hi Ginnu and other Gurus,
Is this even possible. I mean enter Canada from US without a Canadian visa...especially after September,2000. Even if you went to Canada in Canadian plated car, wouldn't the Canadian immigration stop you at the border and ask for your documents?
If your Canadian friend picked you up from US, wouldn't you still have to go through Canadian immigration ? And lastly, do they let you go through just like that...on foot?

If your answer to any of the above is yes, what happens when you come back to the US....would the US immigration verify that you had proper documents to travel to Canada (even though you have proper docs to enter back into US)? Would they give you a hard time if they found out that you had gone to Canada without a Canadian visa?

Thanks for your time,
Jeo

Thanks,
Jeo

No problem for the above you can show your LP if the ask when you go to Canada, you are NOT stoped entring canada as the Stamp is for AIR, BUS, TAXi travel but your PR is Valid

If your answer to any of the above is yes, what happens when you come back to the US....would the US immigration verify that you had proper documents to travel to Canada (even though you have proper docs to enter back into US)? Would they give you a hard time if they found out that you had gone to Canada without a Canadian visa?

---
INS is not intrested about your Canada papers INS will check your Passport with US Visa or H1 Approval notice or your valid I-94 if you gave your I-94 when went to Canada then you can get new I-94 at border or US airport , If not given you can enter with same I-94 with in 30 days.
They look at your papers for US and ask
What you do in US
Have you baught anything from Canada
when did you go to canada
They can search your car

Once you get the Canadian PR (Maple Card), and want to enter the US, are you required to show just the Maple card to the US immigration officials or do you need to present your passport or any other documents too.

Thanks a lot,
Jeo.

canadin pr card is only to enter canada, while entering US u have to show u r status in US????

oh please correct me if i am wrong

Hi, Please help me out.
I landed in 1999 and I am planning on traveliing outside canada this month.
When I return back to canada:
1. Will they stamp my landing paper with "Not valid for travel"?
2. If so, I can not travel for 7 months? (I am eligible to apply for PR card in May-2003 +8 weeks processing time)
You help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

I landed in 1999 and I am planning on traveliing outside canada this month.
When I return back to canada:
1. Will they stamp my landing paper with "Not valid for travel"?

-- NO, LP will be only invalid after 31, december 2003 , they only stamp NOT valid who are landing after 28, June 2002

2. If so, I can not travel for 7 months? (I am eligible to apply for PR card in May-2003 +8 weeks processing time)
You can Apply for your PR card now, no need to wait for May 2003, they are processing the card- no problem.

-- when you travel out side no problem , when you enter Canada they may ask for Canada residence proof, keep your Credit Card, Canada driving licence any proof that you have been in Canada, they may ask you that is only to veryfy that you have Valid PR status, but i dont see any other problem

Originally posted by canus_immi
canadin pr card is only to enter canada, while entering US u have to show u r status in US????

oh please correct me if i am wrong

Hi Gurus,
Is this true. I was under the impression that Canadian PR's do not need a US visa to enter the US and just showing the Maple card at the US immigration is good enough. (Same as the fact that US Green card holders do not need to have a Canadian visa to enter Canada and need to show just their Green Card ...not even the passport to enter Canada). Can someone please clarify.

Thanks for your help and advice,
Jeo

Wanted to know if anyone has answered the above question...can anyone enter the US with a Maple Card only??

Thanks

canada maple/PR card is Valid Id t oenter Canada .U need visa if u want to enter US other than Canada. BY road to US from Canada no visa is required by air check ??

Maple Card !!

Hi ,

Iam planning a landing in early next year in Canada.I would return back to US soon.
Now for the Maple Card if I give US address, will I receive my Card in the US ?? or Is it nessecary that I give a Canadian Add ??

Pls comment

Thanks
SRD

please help

i have a canadian green card (LP). I am planning to go to canada to apply maple card early next year. When i go to canada will they stamp "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" on my LP or not? If yes do i need to wait in Canada until i get the Maple card? I dont have any status in US. or can i be able to travel back and forth from US to Canada and canada to US with LP until 2003 december? Please help me...

Kishore30,
you can always come back, but u have to return within 30 days.If you have any freinds there u can give their address they will get ur PR/Maple and SIN card. To get the medical u must have valid proof of address can be anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way what status ur in US. if u dont have valid status , then it will illegal.You have tos how ur status to re-enter US.

good luck

Re: please help

Originally posted by kishore30
i have a canadian green card (LP). I am planning to go to canada to apply maple card early next year. When i go to canada will they stamp "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" on my LP or not? If yes do i need to wait in Canada until i get the Maple card? I dont have any status in US. or can i be able to travel back and forth from US to Canada and canada to US with LP until 2003 december? Please help me...

Your IMM-1000 will be stamped with "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" when you go to tthe local CIC office to pick up your PR Card.

Originally posted by Texas
Wanted to know if anyone has answered the above question...can anyone enter the US with a Maple Card only??

Thanks

Technically just the Maple card is sufficient, since it has your country of Citizenship info on it.

However........

The first question you will be asked at the border by INS/Customs official is "Country of Citizenship". Still, you might be asked to show your passport, your PR status, and asked as to why you are going to the US? and where you will be staying in the US? Your car might be inspected. You might be asked about your employment status in Canada.

If you are a citizen of one of the 13 countries, who are required to register, then you will be finger printed, and your picture will taken by the INS.

However there is no gaurentee that one will be granted entry into the US even if one has a valid visa. It is to the discretion of the INS/Customs official inspecting you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please help

vault,

Your IMM-1000 will be stamped with "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" when you go to tthe local CIC office to pick up your PR Card.

as per the above answer you have given, that means when you enter Canada before 2003 Dec' they wont stamp your LP as "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" is that right vault? Please clarify.. I want to go to Canada and come back to US with LP before 2003 Dec'. I hope it wouldnt be a problem, is that right? please help

kishore30,

If you have landed before the new law was passed, and you have to apply for the PR Card, then your IMM-1000 will be stamped "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" at the CIC office when you pick up your PR Card. However please keep in mind, that if you try to enter Canada with IMM-1000, after Dec 2003 you might not be allowed to enter with your IMM-1000.