Landing Infomation required. Please help

x_krish

Hi all,

I am planning to land Vancouver next month. I have a following questions

1. I have stated $15000, as my settlement fund in the application, Do I really need to carry $ 15,000 or can I carry $10,000 ( I am worried about US customs)

2. In my application I have stated the port of entry as buffalo. can I enter vancouver.

3. Also if I enter Vancouver, can I give my friend address in Baffalo to Canadian Immigration officer to mail my PR.

Please help me in clarifying these.

Thanks a lot

x_krish said:
Hi all,

I am planning to land Vancouver next month. I have a following questions

1. I have stated $15000, as my settlement fund in the application, Do I really need to carry $ 15,000 or can I carry $10,000 ( I am worried about US customs)

> I would not suggest to carry so much money. If can say them that you have somuch money on the bank( show some proof) and once you open a bank a/c in Canada you will transfer the money.

2. In my application I have stated the port of entry as buffalo. can I enter vancouver.

> Yep. I mentioned Calgary in Application. I landing in Toronto. No questions asked.

3. Also if I enter Vancouver, can I give my friend address in Baffalo to Canadian Immigration officer to mail my PR.

> You can do that. I landed in Toronto. I gave friends address in Montreal/Quebec.

Please help me in clarifying these.

Thanks a lot