landing in canada for the first time as pr

vahida

dear friends,
we just got the pr visa but at present we are in india and we cant move to canada permanently before april 2007, our visa expires in feb 2006. can anybody give me information that
1) can myself and my husband just go complete the landing procedure before the visa expires and return back to india .
2) how many minimum days we have to stay in canada to compelete the procedure of landing/pr card before returning to india so that we can plan trip.
3) how much money i have to show at the time of landing.
4) it will be ok if we give our freinds address as we will stay for few days in toronto for any correspondence regariding the landing porcdure.
i will be thank ful to you if you give me the necessary information.
thank you
vahida.

1) Can myself and my husband just go complete the landing procedure before the visa expires and return back to india .
Yes. All you have to do is land before the expiry of your visa. Just an advice if you are planning to have a baby please do so after landing in Canada as PR. If your baby is born before landing your visa will be cancelled.

2) How many minimum days we have to stay in canada to compelete the procedure of landing/pr card before returning to india so that we can plan trip.
The procedure is complete the day you land. So you can catch the return flight to India the same day if you want to. But you should apply for SIN number and health insurance which can also be done on any working day i.e. Monday to Friday. So you can plan the trip for a couple of days.

3) how much money i have to show at the time of landing.
For a family of 2 people - Canadian $12,372
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html

4) it will be ok if we give our freinds address as we will stay for few days in toronto for any correspondence regariding the landing porcdure?
Most of the people give the address of their friend/relative when they land. After you land your PR cards will be mailed to your friends address between 4 to 6 weeks.

You will also have to bring a "Goods to follow" list. You can mention all the items you will bring with you when you come back later. Search this forum for more information.

When a person land in Canada and he gives the custom Goods to Follow List.
what the custom officer do with the paper, does he just stamp it and give it back to person or do they make a copy of it for their customs record before he return the original back. Should we have two copies handy instead of one?
After how many months and years the person can bring his stuff, he listed on Goods to follow list?
Thanks

You are supposed to carry 2 copies of the goods to follow list. The customes officer will keep one copy for record and stamp the other one and give it back to you. When you finally get you stuff into Canada you will have to show the stamped copy of the list. You do not pay any duty on the items listed on the goods to follow list.

I read some where that the goods to follow list is valid for 1 year but can not say for sure.