landing experience

I am planning to land myself next month. From what I have been reading on this forum

1) You dont need PR if you are re-entering by private vehicle.
2) You can land on any canadian POE. There is no restriction.

Health card and Bank account.

Hi,

What documents do I need to provide for: -
- Bank account
- Health card

I am planning to land on Wednesday (Oct/27). I looked the websites on these, but can't seem to figure out how you can open a bank acount w/o a SIN card and apply for health card w/o a proof of your residence (like utility bill, etc)? If you just landed, how can you provide utility bill? Is there some other way to get around this?

This info would be of great help!

Kind Regards,

- Stingray

Hello all,
My application for permanent residence in Canada was recently approved and I plan to land in Canada soon. However, I have been working in the US on H1B and had recently transferred my employer. I have the approval notice from my new employer but I need to have the new visa stamped if I have to cross the border. I have the old H1B stamp and I-94 valid till 5/2006. Is it possible to have my landing formalities completed and also my H1B visa stamped at the same time in Canada? Could anyone please answer some of the following questions that I have?
1)Can I have my landing formalities completed on a weekend, my H1B visa stamped on Monday and return to the US the following day?
2) Is it mandatory to show some funds in Canada or is it acceptable to show bank statements for funds in the US?
I would highly appreciate anyone who could help me with these questions and with anything that would simplify my process in Canada.
Thanks a lot

Landing Question for Novice to Canada.

I have send Passport for Stamping. Will receive in Week or so. I am completely new to this landing Experience.
I am on H1-B visa and would like to return back after 2-3 days of stays in Canada.
Please tell me What Should I do for landing.
- Can I just go to border and Complete Landing formalities and Re-enter Back in USA at same time? IN this case How Would I get PR card to maintain my Status in Canada?
- Do I have to live in TORONTO Until I get my PR card or some other docs and Reenter in Canada?
- Can I Go to Windsor and finish such Formalities, because I work IN Detroit, MI.So, Will come back for work every day.

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks in Advance!!! :)

Hello

I am planning to land soon and wanted to find out if the airline takes I-94 away if travelling from Boston Logan airport if u tell them ur going to canada.

I read that if travelling to canada for less than 30 days you dont need to surrender I-94.

I am looking for any specific experience from Boston logan

Can somebody help me for canada immigration interview??

Hi My caips notes is as below.

LTR OF REF APPEARS QUESTIONABLE ** TEL ***-***-**** DISCONNECTED
CALLED TEL ***-***-**** VOICE MAIL ONLY

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: LA ON 02-12-2004 MICROLOCATOR:

XREF:p1
PSDEC 1 19-07-2004
SELDEC 0
BDEC 0
OREQ 0
MEDEC 0
FINDEC 0
RRPF NOT PAID

FILE SENT FOR INTERVIEW TO REVIEW THE AUTHENTICITY OF LETTER OF REFERENCE

ACTION TAKEN: MEDS/LA INTERVIEW LETTER SENT
SEL NOC: 000004
TOTAL : 76

It menas they want to check the work exp letters.
Actually i do not have work exp letters for one company A and
i have only xerox copy for company B.

But i do have their original offer letters/original pay stubs for the duration i worked for company A and B.

Will it be ok to prove about my employement?
Or do i have to take from collegaues in those companies.
As i do not have connections with those companies A and B .

Can somebody share your interview expericnes for Canada immigration.

Thanks
Kumar

urgent: landing montreal ...please reply

Has anyone recently landed in montreal?

any information about how it goes...

also anyone with quebec immigration landing procedure?

Landing experience through Peace Bridge,Buffalo

Landing experience through Piece Bridge,Buffalo.
I recently landed in canada through Peace Bridge,Buffalo on Oct 29 th 2004.I reached at port of entry around 9 AM.The canadian immigration officer was very polite and every thing went well smothlly.He didn't bother about either my I-94 or settlement funds.
I gave my passport and landing papers to him,he has entered all the information in to the system and signed on landing papers and gave one copy to me.He has asked about the address in canada to post my PR card,i gave my friend's address.
He is very good and he congratulated me and said 'Welcome to canada'.He explained about Canada formation .He also explained the rights of PR card holder and how to get the Health card and SIN card.I say he is a very very good guy.
Customs officer also very cool ,i gave both Good to follow list and goods to imported list to him.He entered the details in the system and signed the papers,returned back to me.
After that i went to Niagara Falls,Canada and applied for SIN card.
Same day at 1 pm i return back to USA with out any problems.Just ,I showed my visa and I-94 papers at port of entry.

Hey Vijay

I am planning to land via peace bridge next week. I wanted to get some info.

Could you send me ur e-mail so that I can contact u.

Thanks.

I am also planning to land next week via peace bridge. Can you please give me the address so that i find out direction for the same.

smxhan,

If you have a general question, is it possible to post it here so that i can see if it applies to me as well or you can post me at ips1@hotmail.com

Hey jalma

looks like we are in same boat. I am planning land via peace bridge this coming weekend. Are you doing the same.

I had a question about the directions to reach peace bridge as I am coming from new england area. Also how to find a simpler route to stay there for 1-2 days apply for SIN and then come back via peace bridge.

I am thinking of going on monday, take my visa on Tuesday and then land on the same day. I am going from Boston and I-90 goes all the way to Buffalo, then I have to figure out the direction. FInd out the peace bridge address and and search the direction using mapquest or yahoo. That should do...

landing experience..Jalma,smxhan

Jalma said:
I am thinking of going on monday, take my visa on Tuesday and then land on the same day. I am going from Boston and I-90 goes all the way to Buffalo, then I have to figure out the direction. FInd out the peace bridge address and and search the direction using mapquest or yahoo. That should do...

Jalma, smxhan

Could you guys give your landing experience updates as soon as possible?
I will be landing on friday and your help would be appreciated

thanks

jalma
what visa r u talking about. You should have an immi visa stamp in ur PP of canada. r u talking abt taking US visa or canada visa.

Peace Bridge address

Address:
1 Peace Bridge Plaza Buffalo, NY 14213-2494

From Buffalo Airport or down town take I-190N towards Niagara Falls.On I-190 take exit 9 towards Peace Bridge.

You guys can apply the SIN card at Niagara Falls,Canada.It is just 20 miles from Peace Bridge.

Hi smxhan,

I am taking about immi visa stamp for canadian PR. I got the letter in which there is an option of taking visa by visiting buffalo office personally either on Tuesday or thursday. So i am going to choose that option before landing. Is there any problem in doing that? I am just worried as why you get confused with this?

vijay117,

Thanks for the address.

Reply to Jalma

Jalma,

Just follow the instructiions on the PP request paper, reach the counsulate around 8.00 AM, it's HSBC building. Submit your PP and photo's. They will give you the PP by 1.00 or 1.30 PM on the same day.

rh2002.