Landing Canada and coming back on AP

iamsaif

Registered Users (C)
I like to share my experience about my landing experience in Canada.
I live in USA for 6 years. My GC is under process, my I485 is pending and I do have AP for traveling abroad. Recently I got Canadian Immigration so I like to avail this oppurtunity because of uncertainity in US GC issues. I wanted to land in Canada and come back to US and continue my job. but unfortunately I was put into situation where I had given an option to choose either US or Canadian immigration.
I went to US embassy in detroit to get my exit entry and fingure printing. They look at my passport and found out Canadian immigration stamp on my passport they made a big fuss about it they told me that I cant continue my GC process if I take my Canadian immigration. After a long conversation they handover my passport and other document to me and told me I am all set to go but it was not over yet.
When I cross the bridge to the canadian side for landing. The immigration inspector told me that we receive a call from US consulate that if I'll land to Canada then they'll cancil my GC process in US. They gave me an option to choose either US or Canada. So I decide to come back to USA and I dont know what other option I have right now.
Your expert advice is highly appreciated.

please elaborate

Hi,

Sorry about what happened to you but I'm a little confused after reading your message. Would you mind clarify the following:

1. You mentioned US embassy/consulate in Detroit, did you mean the immigration office at US side before you cross the bridge? ( US embassy/consulate should only be located outside of US right?)

2. Why were you trying to get "exit entry"(what is it?) and finger printing before crossing the bridge for landing?

3. Did all these happen in the same day?

1. You mentioned US embassy/consulate in Detroit, did you mean the immigration office at US side before you cross the bridge? ( US embassy/consulate should only be located outside of US right?)

Yes for US embassy/Consulate I mean immigration office at US side. Before crossing the bridge we have to make an exit entry and fingure print for my country Pakistan may be its not required for indian citizen.

2. Why were you trying to get "exit entry"(what is it?) and finger printing before crossing the bridge for landing?

I answered it above

Yes it all happen within 2 hrs

iamsaif said:

Yes for US embassy/Consulate I mean immigration office at US side. Before crossing the bridge we have to make an exit entry and fingure print for my country Pakistan may be its not required for indian citizen.

I answered it above

Yes it all happen within 2 hrs

What is the future option for you/us regarding keepting the both doors open? Can we ask an extension of canada visa by another year, till GC approved?

I have sent an pvt message..

Thanks ...

I am not sure about the future option. If we'll delay our landing then our current immigrant visa will be expire and we have to go through the medical procedure again.I had the understanding that untill our GC is approved we can have both immigration and when the time come we can giveup one but this is not the case as far as I know. If you find out some thing more please let me know.

In previous days, if you have two PR approved for US and Canda then you have to chose one to maintain the residency requirement seperatly. This is only after approval of one or both. Now they changed the practice it seems. They are not even allowing to have only one at a time.

I live in southwestern border. I have to fly to Toronto to land. If they deny the entry it is a disaster. It is expensive to fly with family nowadays.

By the way, if the canada visa expired what one can do? You mentioned that we need to take medical again. Could you tell me what could be the exact procedure to land after the expiry of visa?

wHAT ABOUT H1 VISA ?

Hi Iamsaif,

I dont know if you have h1 visa. If you do, you think they will treat
you same ? any input from people with H1B and GC pending will be appreciated.

Question for iamsaif

Hello Saif,

I am just curious about why did you bother to go for the special registration? I don't think people who are on AP need to do that.

Thanks,

Stoned!

guys,
i have not landed yet and i dont plan to land on AP. i dont have h1 anymore and i hear that there is lot of risk involved. my entry to canada ends in 5 days..so i might not go.

please suggest what do you guys think?? am I doing the right thing? is it worth the risk or just wait for my 485 approval?

wht are ur thoughts??