Landed Immigrant - Spouse visa from USA

samona

I became a landed Canadian immigrant in May 2006. After getting my PR i returned to the US for work. I then got married in my home country (Pakistan) in Dec 2007 and i am currently in US with my wife.

All this time i forgot to update CIC that i got married. Now i and my wife are planning to settle in Canada. My questions are:

1. Is there a problem for for one year i have not updated my maritial status.

2. How can i update the status while in the USA?

3. What is the best way of applying my wife's immigration. Can i do it while sitting in the USA OR do i need to apply for her Canadaian visit visa then go there and apply from Canada?

i have one more question..... i have PR...and if i apply for a visit visa for my wife, what should i answer to the following quwstion:

" Have you or any member of your family ever Applied for any Canadian Immigration visas (e.g. Permanent Resident, Student, Worker, Temporary Resident (visitor), Temporary Resident Permit)?"

being a spouse of a permanent resident of Canada, should we answer Yes or No to this question and Will there be any future implications if we answer No, etc.

thanks!!

A1: No
A2: No need to update your status. When and if you apply for your wife's immigrant visa, CIC will know.
A3: As a PR, you can apply for her from Canada only.
A4: Answer yes

1. Is there a problem for for one year i have not updated my maritial status.

2. How can i update the status while in the USA?

3. What is the best way of applying my wife's immigration. Can i do it while sitting in the USA OR do i need to apply for her Canadaian visit visa then go there and apply from Canada?

i have one more question..... i have PR...and if i apply for a visit visa for my wife, what should i answer to the following quwstion:

" Have you or any member of your family ever Applied for any Canadian Immigration visas (e.g. Permanent Resident, Student, Worker, Temporary Resident (visitor), Temporary Resident Permit)?"

being a spouse of a permanent resident of Canada, should we answer Yes or No to this question and Will there be any future implications if we answer No, etc.

thanks!!