Labor substitution with successor of interest

gcinfo1971

Registered Users (C)
My company has recently filed my I-140 with Labor substitution. However the labor certificate was approved to its parent company. My company was a spin off at a later date.

My question is even though, my skills & qualifications match ( and some what or better/super set) those specified in the labor certificate would there be any issue because of the fact that the LC approval was on the parent company name??. Also would it be wise to do concurrent filing of I-485.

My attorney said, she had to prove that my company is a successor of interest to its parent company.

Did any body have similor experience?. Definitely, appreciate experts comments.

Thanks.

Do you work for Mastech Emplifi ? Just curious. I got a similar offer from them and I am contemplating what to do

Let me know asap

ramukp,

I don't work MasTech. My guess is even though its a valid case its very easy to get a RFE unless the documentation is sound ( I am not sure what docs needs to be provided-- Hopefully my attorney did it right). It means the approval may take lot more time than regular I-140.

This is just my feeling. If you get to know more information/ success cases let me know.

Thanks.