Labor pains

sbdol

Guys,
Today I had my tooth pulled out. It was a difficult one. The dentist who performed the operation got really tired.
As the most painful moment it just came to my mind that it was just nothing comparing to the pain I experience every day going to work and watching how my wife tries to look brave knowing she has no right to earn money for her own family and she has to waste another day of her life. And this is not a one hour visit to the dentist. For me it’s already 6 years
How much longer ?

Friend sbdol,
I can totally understand what u mean, I have gone through many surgeries in the past, some very painful (thanks to cricket), but none of that pain is even close this pain and frustration. You can't even compare these two.
As long as u r single u still sort of don't care, cause it's just a compromise on ur career and u r confident that u can always make up for it in future. U can still make good money, u can still party.
But sacrifices made by spouses are extreme, I have a lot of respect for u and ur wife for going through these pains, hopefully one day it will be over. My best wishes for u.
I came very close to giving up and resigning today, only a close friend (and a bottle of wine ;-) ) convinced me to stick around for some more time.
Let's never forget what we had to go through, let's never forget that we are aliens in this country, let's never forget sacrifices made by our spouses and when we are set free let's not forget the pains we had to go through just to seek a better life for ur kids.
One day it will be our day.

I do relate to you guys too

It kills me to watch my wife doing this sacrifice and I feel this huge guilt and pressure causing her to lose these years without a job and a progressing career. She hold a masters degree and she is very capable, experienced and smart. What a waste to this economy.

I have friends and relatives in Europe who went there for jobs and the wife is always given some kind of authorization (either after a duration of stay or right away) but USA is not like that. It is really poorly designed. We come here with our spouses and/or kids and legislators should have considered these things when they designed H1-B. We are not just robots...

I will NEVER forget this wait and frustration in my life. Thanks AMERICA.

I hear you man!

sbdol said:
Guys,
Today I had my tooth pulled out. It was a difficult one. The dentist who performed the operation got really tired.
As the most painful moment it just came to my mind that it was just nothing comparing to the pain I experience every day going to work and watching how my wife tries to look brave knowing she has no right to earn money for her own family and she has to waste another day of her life. And this is not a one hour visit to the dentist. For me it’s already 6 years
How much longer ?

This is Stephen Stefanko's fault. Without him, we should have the EAD card long time ago, but his sly and purport management made all of our effort into the drain.
sbdol said:
Guys,
How much longer ?

or is it john beverly ? I'm afraid of this 45 days labor expiry thing too. What if we receive our labors after waiting for 5 years and it get delayed in mail, or for any reason the 140 filing gets delayed, we'll be f.....

I sympathize with your situation. Why not get an h1b for your wife?

4MyWife said:
It kills me to watch my wife doing this sacrifice and I feel this huge guilt and pressure causing her to lose these years without a job and a progressing career. She hold a masters degree and she is very capable, experienced and smart. What a waste to this economy.

I have friends and relatives in Europe who went there for jobs and the wife is always given some kind of authorization (either after a duration of stay or right away) but USA is not like that. It is really poorly designed. We come here with our spouses and/or kids and legislators should have considered these things when they designed H1-B. We are not just robots...

I will NEVER forget this wait and frustration in my life. Thanks AMERICA.