Labor Certification Questions

gbabu1

I am in USA on H1B. I am a Diploma Holder in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Equivalent to US accredited Associate Degree) with more than 10 years of Technical Experience. For obtaining my H1B my employer did evaluation of my qualification and technical experience. The evaluation result told that I have qualification and experience equivalent to BS in Electronics Technology with 3.5years work experience.

My questions are:

Is the evauation process for Labor Certification is same as H1B or different in terms of qulification purpose?
Is there any way that my application can get rejected because I am not a degree holder?
I appreciate a reply for the same.
Thank You
Babu

If you set it up right there won\'t be any problems.

Babu,

It could be done by requiring two years of education and an amount of experience. You won\'t qualify for an EB-2 but you should have no problems with an EB-3. Just be certain that you state that experience and education will be accepted in lieu of a bachelors degree.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Labor certification

Hi there,
 i was wondering if you could tell roughly how long it takes to get a labor certification application approved, my current employer filed last april, and i know that the DOL is currently handling priority dates of 27th of April last yr, I currently work and Live in Massachusetts, Also is it possible to change employeers once the labor certification has been approved, as in change employers within the same region, ? and do i have to file for a new Labor certifcation of do i just go straight to the I 140 stage..?? answers badly needed !!!!

Thanks

No Title

The Labor certification belongs to your employer, so you cannot take it somewhere else even in the same region.