1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

L1A Extension - RFE - What are the next steps

Discussion in 'General L Visa and Related Issues' started by lggoundalkar, Mar 13, 2012.

1. lggoundalkar

lggoundalkar New Member

Hi,

My current status is :
    I-94 Expired: 31-Jan-2012
    L1B Expired: 31-Jan-2012
    L1A Petition applied on 16-Jan-2012 Premium Processing
    RFE Recieved: 27-Jan-2012.

RFE is asking for Company information and evidence of my activities in foriegn country as manager or executive role.

Question:

If post RFE petetion is rejected, do i have option to apply for L1B while staying in the USA?
    Can I challenge or re-open L1A petition to consider as L1B category ?

Do I need to return to India if my petetion is not approved?
  2. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

Are these dates correct?

3. lggoundalkar

lggoundalkar New Member

Yes.

My L1A application was submitted on 16-Jan-2012. However, L1B and I-94 are currently expired.
  4. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

Well your EOS was filed before your status expired, so you are good until it is adjudicated.
    I have heard of cases where people went from L-1B to L-1A status but not the other way around. I am not saying that it cannot be done. Keep mind, your total authorised stay in the US will go from 7 years to 5 years in that case.
    If you cannot extend your L-1A status or change to L-1B status, then you will need to return to India.

5. lggoundalkar

lggoundalkar New Member

yNQB3k

Since my current L1B is expired, if L1A application is rejected, can I apply for L1B again staying in the US ? Or USICS will consider original application of L1A and grant L1B instead of L1A ?

Thanks,