King Khan is questioned at Newark airport: was he detainted?

In some of the states,deceptively using the service(like cable service,or kinda other utility) and not paying when billed,may be construed or charged under 'theft of service'(Criminal charge) and you know what is that under moral character for N400:)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: I am not a lawyer and I am just a lay man without any legal knowledge.!
Read the above STRICTLY at your own risk.

r u kidding me !!!!!

in some of the states,deceptively using the service(like cable service,or kinda other utility) and not paying when billed,may be construed or charged under 'theft of service'(criminal charge) and you know what is that under moral character for n400:)
note: I am not a lawyer and i am just a lay man without any legal knowledge.!
Read the above strictly at your own risk.

wow!.....

Once again people, SRK does not need to apologize for anything as he has NOT SAID ANYTHING.

Go read all the news articles again. SRK has NOT stated anything about his treatment by the CBP. It is the Indian community here that is outraged. All the major statements have been made by highly prolific Indian business association, I heard them on the radio myself (as I live in the NYC metro area). Did SRK tell his fellow citizens back in India to burn American flags? Did he at any time say that people of the subcontinent are being profiled and thus the treatment of Americans should be equaled when they enter that region? (despite the irony that he's here to promote a movie on profiling). It is quite pathetic and laughable the assumptions that are made against SRK when all the uproar has been coming from his supporters and not himself personally. Trust me, if he was upset by this whole episode he and his entourage would have taken the next plane back home. He doesn't need to promote anything anywhere, he'll have fans and followers regardless.

Stoned!

I did not want to start a flame. If SRK has not said anything, then how would the entire world know he was sent to secondary inspection. SRK has made various statements saying that "he does not ever want to come to US again" only to later add saying that "but his fan base would ensure that he will be back".

I did not want to start a flame. If SRK has not said anything, then how would the entire world know he was sent to secondary inspection. SRK has made various statements saying that "he does not ever want to come to US again" only to later add saying that "but his fan base would ensure that he will be back".
Precisely. This is somebody who is unknown to 99.9+% of the US population, and arrogant enough to call himself "King", who is trying to get masses of free publicity. I'm surprised people on these forums are taking the bait.

What percentage of India's population knew Richard Gere before he smooched Shilpa and created a ruckus? :p
Entertainers are hungry for publicity. It is the fault of the common man that he gives them this attention :)

This is somebody who is unknown to 99.9+% of the US population.

What percentage of India's population knew Richard Gere before he smooched Shilpa and created a ruckus? :p

Excellent point. Considering the fact that his career has been at a standstill for the past decade, I'm pretty sure that a significant percentage of the U.S. population doesn't know who he is either.

Entertainers are hungry for publicity. It is the fault of the common man that he gives them this attention :)

Henceforth, useless publications, such as Us Weekly, capitalize on that.

I agree..

TC,

I agree with you 100%. Common people for some reason gravitate towards these celebration as if their life depended on them. Why does Brittney Spears shave her "panuni" and show it in public? Fame seekers even though they are already famous. This indian actor was hurt because CBP didn't offer him some royal treatment:confused: He needs to get over it. :D

I did not want to start a flame. If SRK has not said anything, then how would the entire world know he was sent to secondary inspection.

Have you never had anyone waiting for you at the airport to pick you up when you arrive? He had the entire Indian business association waiting for him, of course word will get out.

Even he has admitted that the whole incident is blown out of proportion when he returned to Mumbai on Monday. He is openly encouraging everyone to put this behind, think positively and move on!

Stoned!

Guys,

These titles, Sir, Highness, Her Majesty, Lord of the Flies..:D aren't the only reminder that the English used to dominate the globe? :confused: I mean, I know the English are obsessed with these titles, so maybe Khan was being punished for being a Sir out of India, and not the UK...:D These titles confers a false sense of importance on people. :rolleyes:

Now wouldn't it be nice if all this energy around the SRK incident channeled into something useful like dealing with poverty and water shortages in India?

For all we know, they may have questioned him because something flashed on the immigration officer’s computer with the same name.

This article was published today (although I never completely trust stuff from Rediff and AajTak). If Indian intelligence agencies have this info then I am sure US intelligence does too. Which may explain the additional questioning.

http://news.rediff.com/report/2009/aug/18/shah-rukhs-notorious-namesake-revealed.htm

Then again, who knows how accurate this article is. I just wanted to add to the entertainment part of this thread. Enjoy!!!

r u kidding me !!!!!
QUOTE=chicago75;2087440]r u kidding me !!!!![/QUOTE]
Just I wish to state again, I am not a lawyer or competent to infer, apply, conclude or advise on law or legal matters and I am like one of the forum members. So every one can infer themselves with their search for their own or contact a lawyer .:)

I wanted to bring it up to the forum members that some states has laws defined for 'theft of services' and it is up to different states how to treat the issue of 'theft of services'-- may be civil or under PC and various different services are covered under this.
I presumed that, if one is convicted for an 'innocent' looking ,'trivial' thing and if it comes up in N400 interview, it may potentially raise a red flag with over zealous officer.
This is all what I wanted to mention.
And--for various statues of various states, you can Google your self with terms like:
'theft of services ny' ,PA,TX,FL etc or some other ..and so on you can get tons your self whether it is treated under civil or PC clauses and whether it is misdemeanor or infraction etc etc.
Note: I am not a lawyer and I am just a lay man without any legal knowledge. !
Read the above STRICTLY at your own risk.