K3 visa at New Delhi

phillydude

Registered Users (C)
I have been hearing I lot about getting K3 visa at New Delhi consulate in 3-4 months. What I don't understand is I looked up the web site and it clearly states that I-129 has to be approved beginning K3 visa processing.

Does that mean apply for I-129 here in US, get the approval and then file for I130 and K3 in New Delhi
- OR-

Get I-129 approval and with I-130 pending here in the US go for K3 visa in India?

Can somebody clarify this for me..

Thanks in advance.

Question?

Durgum,

Here is a quote from your previous posting

I got my oath ceremony done today. I will be applying my I -130 in a day ot two.

Now could you please tell me which country you and your husband belong to. I have a feeling the country could also play a role in the I-129f.I'am in USA and my wife is in India.

Thanks

Ram

My question is, were you married before you got ur citizenship? Is it Ok you marry someone from another country when you are a permanent resident and once u get US citizenship can bring the spouse on K3?
Thanks.

I got married a few days before i took/passed the citizenship exam in India.But that delayed my oath ceremony unfortunately as during the citizenship exam they asked for the new marriage certificate which had taken place AFTER I applied for the US citizenship/during the application process technically. That and my mistake of FORGETTING my Divorce decree for the past marriage (that divorce took place long time in 1997) and MAINLY the BCIS LETHARGY delayed my oath ceremony by more than a year. Finally the oath ceremony took place on 04/24/2003 with the HELP of my area senator's calling/following up the BCIS.

Any way I feel that there may be delays in the citizenship if you marry DURING the process of the citizenship. I also feel that if you go through the senator/comgressman THAT DELAY could be avoided.

So it is upto you to decide I 'am just explaining my case as an example how the BCIS may deal such cases.