K1 Visa in Morocco...221g Received

kiyah

My fiance had his interview in Morocco on January 19th. He was asked to bring to the conulate photos of our engagement ceremony via the 221g. When he returned to the consulate with our engagement photos, he was immediately given another 221g stating that our file is being returned to the Department of Homeland Security and any inquiries can bi directed to the service center who originally processed the petition.

Now, I have done several things to try and find out the reason why including contacting my senator, and the consulate directly. The response we have both received from the consulate is that the file has been returned for further review of the validity of relationship. Basically the consular officer was not satisfied during the interview even after seeing our engagement photos.

My fiance tried to give her the rest of our proof...letters, emails, chat logs, phone bills from the time the petition was filed up to present date...she refused to look at all of our proof.

I have also contacted the National Service Center who directed me to the California Service Center...I sent them a detailed fax per the National Service Center instructions, copy of NOA1, NOA2 and the 221g. I received a letter from California yesterday with my fax I sent them...they say they do not handle inquiries via letter/fax any longer to call the National Service Center...hello? that is who told me to fax them!

I am trying to find out exactly what does this mean? Are they truly going to review our case and give me a chance to provide them with ALL of our proof of relationship or is this just a blanket denial the consulate is hiding behind? Am I just being driven to chase my own tail here?

Has ANYONE faced this in regards to a K1 visa? I am in dire need of help, I do not know what to do. Any guidance would really be appreciated.

~Kiyah~

221-ed also, on the same day, probably by the same lady...

hello,
ive just started looking online for help and info regarding the k1 my fiancee and i have filed, and ,believe it or not, our k1 visa situations are almost identical. i filesd for an i-129 petition back in july, it finally came through and we were finally given a date of jan 19,2006. she went to the interview,(which i had unfortunately not helped prepare her adequately for ),and she was grilled about our 'engagement party', an engagement ring, pics of her mother and i etc. all of which we didn't have. she comes from a pretty progressive one parent home and i thought as a us citizen this wouldn't be this much of a problem. im not naive, i just underestimated the bureaucratic hustle they have going there.my mother is an attorney and she and my aunt have both worked for the state dept and are trying to help sort it out. just after the interview (and recieving the 221) we sent an email and faxed the consulate but just recieved one response from the consulate saying the file had been refered back to uscis. it was a lady officer who issued the non-compiance and i cant get ahold of her . im thinking of calling my congressman. they're supposed to have to reply in 48 hours to a congressional inquiry.i have also talked to an attorney (lolly and holmes)who has said it may be better to file a k3 and go get my fiancee and take her to cyprus (where she can travel without a visa),marry her there and have her file for her visa through the cypus office(?).i am still trying to get the details and figure out how it will all work but for now, time is passing and these things can put alot of pressure on a long distance relationship.anyhow, im hoping we might be able to update each other on our situations and possibly one of us can make some ground.thanks and regards to you and yours,bslama-Tony