K1 at NVC

claymac7

Registered Users (C)
My K1 application has been "under administrative review" at NVC since its acceptance date of June 15, 2006. It is now Sept.27, 2006. What's going on? My Chinese fiancee used to live here for 4 years and divorced from a muslim allowing her green card status to expire upon her return to China. Is it usual for NVC to continue security checks this long? USCIS approved it within 60 days!
claymac7 :mad:

claymac7 said:
My K1 application has been "under administrative review" at NVC since its acceptance date of June 15, 2006. It is now Sept.27, 2006. What's going on? My Chinese fiancee used to live here for 4 years and divorced from a muslim allowing her green card status to expire upon her return to China. Is it usual for NVC to continue security checks this long? USCIS approved it within 60 days!
claymac7 :mad:

Yes the delay is usual, there has been even longer delays than 4 months at the NVC, Portsmouth,New Hampshire.

thanks

thanks for letting me know that. Obviously NVC tells you nothing b/c the operators are simply looking at a computer. :(

NVC processing times

It's now been 8 months that NVC has had my K1 under "administrative review". These people are accountable to no one and do as they please with regard to neglect and incompetence. They care nothing for the taxpayers they represent, are not helpful, but only obstinate. I am going to get a Federal Court injunction vs them. Any other suggestions? :mad:

Claymac

I am sorry to see that your case is caught up in security checks. Unfortunately NVC can do nothing until they get the all clear from Washington as that is where your case now is. NVC will not have any information that they can share with you as they no longer have your case on hand. Whilst in general the checks are only of a short duration, it can in many cases take several months. There is really very little you can do at this stage. Court action (writ of mandamus) is used when a case has gone on for years. Have a read HERE for a good overview of the security/background check process. You can also find further information HERE

I wish you the very best and I hope you get clearance soon. Hang in there.