K-1 Visa Denied!!

soniaa

Hello,

I requested a date extend on my fiance's interview date, but instead the case was put on hold, They told me that I should contact them atleast once a year to let the case still be open. After 6 months I send them a letter requesting to issue an interview letter for my fiance.
I am very disappointed, because my fiance went for an interview last friday, at U.S. embassy of Islamabad, Pakistan. He was denied for the visa, because we haven't seen eachother in 3 years. If this was the reason, than why did they put my case on hold, and told me to contact them once a year to let the case still open ???? I don't understand. They told him that everything is correct in his file, it's just that we haven't met eachother since the 3 years. I 'm being told that I should contact the embassy and try not to let them send the case back to the NVC, and try to conveince them that the relationship is true. because once it gets sent back to the NVC than it'll be a long process and it could take upto years. I'm also being told that I should re apply the case. But how should I do it ?? Please give me some suggestions...... thanks

Hi,
I know a little about the K-1 since that is the visa on which I moved from Canada to the US. The two most important requirements for the K-1 are:-

(1) Both the sponsor and beneficiary are free and willing to marry
(2) Both have met each other in person during the last 2 years

The US embassy in Islamabad kept your case open, fine. However they never waived requirement #2 that I have mentioned above. Why don't you make a trip to Pakistan and appear at the interview with your fiance'? Contact the embassy in Islamabad (before the send the petition back to USCIS), request a new interview date and make that trip to Pakistan.
My K-1 interview lasted a grand total of 5 minutes. One major reason was my fiancee' (now my wife) was standing next to me. I agree that Montreal is a much "easier" consulate than Islamabad, but we as a couple ensured that there is no room for any doubt about our relationship.
Good luck!!!

Thanks

Thanks for your response, I'm trying to call the embassy like crazy here but no reply, i'm still trying, if I get my way out, i'll definately let you know. Thanks once again.