K-1 and flight tickets to the US

kaashi

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
Technical question: Does one have to have a return (round trip ticket) while coming on K1 or can one come on a one way ticket?

Round trip is obviously better but does any one know how long the widow is if we get an open ticket for the return? Than
kaashi

One way is better.

Ive personally seen 2 cases completely screwed up due to have a return ticket- I'll look for link I gave when this question came up not too long ago.

One way should be fine since a K-1 applicant is expected to be coming to the US to live on a permanent basis.

Technical question: Does one have to have a return (round trip ticket) while coming on K1 or can one come on a one way ticket?

Thanks guys. I called up Emirates and they said that they didn't issue any open tickets for the return so a one way would be the only way to go.

Still so much to do and take care of after she comes here. Get the marriage certificate, file the I-485 along with the I-864, file for Advanced Parole, file for Employment authorization (I-765?). Anything else I am missing? Then the interview for the AOS.

Thanks for always being so helpful and pulling me along through this journey for such a long time. Haven't spoken to you guys or seen your faces but I have the utmost respect for you.
kaashi

More or less you know exactly what to do :)

Still so much to do and take care of after she comes here. Get the marriage certificate, file the I-485 along with the I-864, file for Advanced Parole, file for Employment authorization (I-765?). Anything else I am missing? Then the interview for the AOS.