Juvenile Court Documents Required for N400 Naturalization Application

lofty

Hi all, I was approved for LPR nine years ago and am currently in the process of filing N400 for naturalization. About eleven years ago I was arrested as a minor and adjudicated a delinquent for underage consumption in juvenile court. I was fined and paid court costs in fulfillment of my court requirements. About 2 years later my record was sealed and expunged - this was just before I applied for LPR. At the time I was asked to produce juvenile arrest records and any court orders for sealing of the records. Since my records had already been sealed I provided only the certified copy of court order for sealing. This was found acceptable and my LPR was approved. Now that I am filing N400 for naturalization will the certified court order for sealing be sufficient or will I have to try and get my record unsealed to provide copies of the arrest and adjudication? Thank you in advance for any input on this.

A certified certificate of search of not record found or certified sealed order by the court where that case took place should be suffice. USCIS is probably not going to really care too much about that underage consumption charge, considering how lenient they are with adults convicted of 1st time DUI.

There are certain juvenile crimes that are permanent bars from naturalization like drug crimes and human trafficking just to name a few. I think the underlying reason for this is because USCIS do not want you to get a US Passport.