Just Received Interview Date, pls help

Mr. Bird

Registered Users (C)
Please help me know what to expect in the interview, type of questions and how to respond. Am i supposed to give YES or NO answers or do i need to expound and make it like "it started this way then this happened and i did this ....." Please help.

Now you tell me what kind of query is this with no mention of what type of interview, what is your curent status and for what benefit, and then you go on to ask " What type of questions to expect and how to respond".
How do we know what type of questions to expect when we don't even know which form you have filed and what benefit are you seeking for?
Please don't start unnecessary threads and clutter this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my own experience when i got my individual hearing with I.J. for asylum application and when i got my interview with I.O officer for P.R. interview, all they wanna hear from you is the same thing you stated in your application.
They wanna see if your telling the truth, thats the most important thing to do. And just explain any thing they didnt understand. do not get'em more confused, and the night befeore your hearing or interview read your statement, so you dont get confused your self, they will ask you based in your saying.

@waiting for... what kind of questions did the IO post in your PR aka green card interview? Did they ask questions regarding your asylum case? thanks

In my own experience when i got my individual hearing with I.J. for asylum application and when i got my interview with I.O officer for P.R. interview, all they wanna hear from you is the same thing you stated in your application.
They wanna see if your telling the truth, thats the most important thing to do. And just explain any thing they didnt understand. do not get'em more confused, and the night befeore your hearing or interview read your statement, so you dont get confused your self, they will ask you based in your saying.

Your case seemed to be strange. They don't usually interview for asylum-based green card application unless they discover something wrong in your immigration history.
You also said that they tried to refer you to immigration judge after your GC interview? What was the reason?

yes my case was kind of strange, but i finally got my G.C. i took me 8 hrs with the I.J. for the asylum and the interview with I.O for G.C. 30 mins. and was really easy , the officer was real nice and he only asked my questions about I-485, he told that a was approved and he told me that i was supposed to get my G.C. in one month, and thank GOD all i'm waiting for is citizenship, believe me i was a long process for me. and yes they tried to send my case to I.J. again thats what the letter the District Office said, but i think that the problem was that at this district office they dont have a lot of this application.

I have a question. Why do some people have GC approval stamp in their national passport and some don't? Can we actually request for IO not to stamp our passports for GC approval?

that's optional, you can get a temporary stamp,if like me your E.A.D is expired, your employer is asking you for proof of employment authorization, and your G.C. is gonna take more than 30 days to arrive, that;s why i got mine stamp, any way he didn't mind stamping my N.P. which by the way was a renew one, after asylum, and i got the name of the officer just in case one day a have a problem.