Just check out this lin no

IPC302

Registered Users (C)
LIN0322652804

ND is 22 July 2003 & approval date is 11 sep 2003..

some people are just lucky .....

you can check it yourself just go to BCIS online case status system and put that number and you will see the approval information.

INS approves many types of cases . It can be anything EAD,AP,I-140 , ,and so on. Do you have any info that it is 485??
Also if it is 485, there are various types of 485, which can get approved quickly.

This is what the Online message says for the above LIN number. This guys is lucky.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: LIN0322652804

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On September 11, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GCLOOKUP

FYI . For any kind of case when you check your status online it says what kind of case it is,please check the application type field ... so if you checkthis case its online status it does say its 485 case .

Receipt Number: LIN0322652804

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On September 11, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

it could be the religious worker or asylum case or the indochina case
or spouse of a citizen

Religious worker case

I am pretty much convinced that this can only be a religious worker I-485 case. As you guys/gals know USCIS has expedited all religious worker cases as the sunset for those cases approach by the end of this month and USCIS has been instructed to adjucate all cases those filed before Sep 30, 2003. So someone file a religious worker I-485 petition on Sep 29, 2003 then theoretically USCIS is bound to adjucate it by Sept 30, 2003. Isn't it fantastic? Hope EB cases were like that.

There can be so many clauses....
Which country does the applicant belong to....,
Lin number can belong to a dependent applicant....

Ghareeb,

What I understand is Derivative case means not primary applicant. Primary applicant get married after filing I-485 and add wife later on . His wife case is derivative case. Even if somebody file I-485 together with wife and children, wife and children cases are derivative cases.

Marthak.

My guess is this a citizen's spouse case. to make it simpler, this dude walks to the downtown office with his marriage documents and files for greencard and few weeks later comes his approval.

bottom line, this does not make any of us happy since we know it is just an irregular case.

EB3RIR is correct...lets not bother abt one single case which does not even fall in our category...Guys our time will also come...dont worry.....think positive and be optimistic....