"Jurisdiction over your residence of record..."--I-751 Question

UmpLoop

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I'm getting ready to file I-751 and would like a clarification on where to file. Currently, my husband and I reside in Germany, where he is stationed. We went through I-485 procedure in North Carolina, which fell under Vermont Service Center, and I was sure that that was where I needed to send I-751 paperwork until a lady, who worked at Frantfurt's USCIS, told me that the file needed to go to California Service Center instead because my husband's home of record was in Ohio. This sounds very odd to me since together we never live in Ohio and there's no record of us as a married couple there. Would someone please clarify this for me? I've read the filing guildline for I-751 and it says "If you or your spouse are currently serving with or employed by the U.S. Government,.....outside of the United States, mail your petition to the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over your residence of record in the United States...."

Where should I mail the package? Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.