June'07 Bulletin - Lets Track EB3 I-485 Cases

Acronyms

Pardon my ignorance..can some one pls explain whats all these acronyms stands for..

RD, LUD, PD ...etc?

My applications were recieved by Texas service centres on Jun 12th. No word yet...

Pardon my ignorance..can some one pls explain whats all these acronyms stands for..

RD, LUD, PD ...etc?

My applications were recieved by Texas service centres on Jun 12th. No word yet...

RD - Received Date
LUD - Last Update Date
PD - Priority Date
ND - Notice Date

One clarification about I485

Guys,
Lets hope for the best, but what if dates go back?. Does it mean so far who ever got the receipt dates/notice date cases will be considered as pending or they all will be rejected. What I would like to know is, if we get the receipt/notice dates before retro or unavailability of visa bulletin date, does it mean we are considered as pending cases and eligible for AC21 after 6months.
Please respond and its very important to me.

2. How many days usually take to get receipt/notice date. My checks were cashed on 6/25 and havent received mail till date.

485 status

EB3/RIR
PD 5/29/02
AOS 485 Filing Date 06/11/2007
EAD Filing Date 06/11/2007
AP Filing Date 06/11/2007

No Receipt or Money credited from bank. has anyone who applied on the same date for AOS got receipts? and will the latest wrangling about July visa bulletin have any effect, any comments appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please tell when your papers have been delivered in USCIS and which center. Your PD. Thanks

Guys,
Lets hope for the best, but what if dates go back?. Does it mean so far who ever got the receipt dates/notice date cases will be considered as pending or they all will be rejected. What I would like to know is, if we get the receipt/notice dates before retro or unavailability of visa bulletin date, does it mean we are considered as pending cases and eligible for AC21 after 6months.
Please respond and its very important to me.

2. How many days usually take to get receipt/notice date. My checks were cashed on 6/25 and havent received mail till date.

application received June 29, 2007

PD = Nov. 20, 2001
I485 appli received by Nebraska center June 29, 2007 (FEDEx tracking and signed for)

I am wondering if anyone knows if in light of this July bulletin being updated - will my application be accepted and the 180 days clock start? I have not obviously not received any receipt and checks not cashed. I was eligible for the June bulletin - and technically got the application in before end of June, 2007.

My situation is exactly like yours. Received on 06/08. checks cleared on 06/28/2007 and the details on back of check shows LIN.

Self filing I-485; Is it possible??..sick of my attorney!!

Gurus,

I am about to fire my slow as* attorney. For some reason he lost interest in my case. After the bulletin was out he never called me to educate me with the best new of our lives. He never told me that I am eligible to file EAD/AP...I was so fu*** pissed on him.
I am wondering if I can file all by myself. I have done most of the ground work, got medicals, filled out the forms, etc. He is charging me 1000 USD for mailing them out to the NSC. I know where the post office is;

Guys, any experience on self filing? How tough it is to do that? Are there any hurdles that I am overlooking?

Guys share and experience.

Gurus,

I am about to fire my slow as* attorney. For some reason he lost interest in my case. After the bulletin was out he never called me to educate me with the best new of our lives. He never told me that I am eligible to file EAD/AP...I was so fu*** pissed on him.
I am wondering if I can file all by myself. I have done most of the ground work, got medicals, filled out the forms, etc. He is charging me 1000 USD for mailing them out to the NSC. I know where the post office is;

Guys, any experience on self filing? How tough it is to do that? Are there any hurdles that I am overlooking?

Guys share and experience.

Just fire your lawyer by all means. My Lawyer is charging me $850 per applicant ( we are family of 4) so I said never mind. I did the filing by myself with the help of our forum members. You can do it. The instructions are simple and straightforward. We are not DUMB!

Self filing checklist...please help

Just fire your lawyer by all means. My Lawyer is charging me $850 per applicant ( we are family of 4) so I said never mind. I did the filing by myself with the help of our forum members. You can do it. The instructions are simple and straightforward. We are not DUMB!

Thanks deland for your comforting response. All I am afraid of is missing any of the requirements. I have seen the checklist and gathered all the requirements that are needed to file except for the receipt of I-140. If I ask my attorney he may not give it to me.

Is there any confidential information required from the company that goes with the application?? If yes, I may not have access or my employer may not give me those details. Please guide me, I live in California so I am assuming that my application should be filed at NSC.
Here is the requirements check list that I was able to gather...please find time to let me know if I am missing any key deliverable;

1. Check of $395 payable to “USCIS” for “I-485
2. 6 passport style color photos; 2 each for I-485, EAD and AP
3. Copy of the passport (photo page, visa, and entry stamp)
4. Copy of the latest I-94 card
5. Copy of I-140 Receipt
6. Copy of ALL H1-B Approvals
7. Copy of Birth Certificate
8. Sealed I-693 Immigration Physical Examination Report
9. Copy of Federal Tax Return forms and W-2s in the past three years
10. Copy of most recent 3 pay stubs
11. Completed G325A form/ EAD form/ AP form
12. Cover letter for EAD and AP

I have gathered everything except item 5. which I am hesitant he may give it to me.

Thanks Divya

Pleas donot forget to include Employer's letter extending the offer of employment.

Thanks for reminding. Have done filing all by yourself. I am just scared of missing anything. ....I know its no brainer to do it. I am doing all the leg work and all my attorney needs to do is put them in proper order and mail it out. Are there any procedures put the paperwork in order and also where the forms need to go....can I put all the paperwork including dependants and mail it out to NSC with checks.

Please revert when you get a chance...thanks again

Also, can anyone help me to fill the missing information for Form I-765, Application for EAD. I am on H1b for past 7 years so what shall I write for QUESTION 16. It says to go to Part 2 of instruction but the instructions do not talk about H1B at all.....please help GURUS....GURUS

Hey, Trackitt is awesome, by the way! I hope everyone puts their info. in there.

Mirage - don't know if you are still filing or not, or if you stopped after the July 2nd update, but you should include a separate check for $70 for the fingerprints. Sorry, don't know the answers to your other questions.

FP notice recieved

Hi,
i have recieved FP notice begining of this week.

My case details.
RD - June 12, 2007
ND - June 22, 2007
FP - July 17, 2007

I am very eagerly waiting for my AP approval. So that I can make travel plans to India. Not sure when that will happen. Any approvals please post here.

Thanks!

Hi,
i have recieved FP notice begining of this week.

My case details.
RD - June 12, 2007
ND - June 22, 2007
FP - July 17, 2007

I am very eagerly waiting for my AP approval. So that I can make travel plans to India. Not sure when that will happen. Any approvals please post here.

Thanks!
if you are on valid h1 its better to use that

if you are on valid h1 its better to use that

Do we have any update from early june fillers??

There seems to be no or little update for the last two weeks...:confused:

Also, once AP approved (online), can we travel before we recieve the actual hard copy and then mail them to India???

Do we have any update from early june fillers??

There seems to be no or little update for the last two weeks...:confused:

Also, once AP approved (online), can we travel before we recieve the actual hard copy and then mail them to India???
as far as i know, you need physical copy with you to travel on AP, as visa is not needed to enter the country based on AP.