June 2012 N-400 Tracker

Mogambo1,
Yes, i.e. correct. My question was referring to the same day oath. The same day oaths are common in Baltimore DO. My question is well received by few others. I am still waiting for a response from DO Baltimore to have oath scheduled for my wife.

Due to the nature of complexity in our daughter's I-485 pending applications, this morning I called our Senator to follow up with Baltimore DO office. Sentor's office said that they will check with Baltimore DO office on my wife's Oath date.
Since our daughter is close to 18, I simply do not want to wait until the last moment. This is the reason that I called Senator's office this morning. Our family cases are complex. You may ignore my response if it is hard for you to follow my response.

I would not be able to attend citizenship interview until our daughters receive their I-485s approved because our daughters pending I-485s are based on my employment based immigration and my permanent residency.

My wife explained our situation to immigration officer who interviewed her. It seems that IO understand our situation but could not have oath on the same interview day probably because his manager did not agree to have my wife oath on the same day.

After reading your post I am confused, are referring to same day oath?

Great news!!!! I am still in awe after all this time waiting. I just got a text that my case was updated and checking my status online, the message now reads: "On October 22, 2012, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview. You will receive a notice with a time and place for your interview." So it looks that I am finally scheduled for an interview! Now just have to wait few days to get the letter and see what the date of the interview is. I am so excited that my case is moving again. So there is hope for us all - any update from you Grasshpr or Needadvice71?

my updated timeline:

New York City DO

06/04/12 Mailed N-400
06/08/12 PD
06/12/12 Email/text confirmation of receipt
06/16/12 NA received
06/30/12 FP letter received
07/23/12 FP done
08/03/12 case status changed to "in line for interview"
09/17/12 YL received
10/22/12 text/case status changed to "scheduled for interview "

Hi Athena3,
I received the same text message day you got yours and waiting on the letter. I guess we are getting very close now. My friend in MD who applied a week later than I did (he's a US Citizen as of last week) was scheduled approx 5 weeks after he received the text so I guess we will be due the week after thanksgiving. I try not to think about it too often and don't really have time since it's quiet busy at work but need to know soon to take the day off in advance. so hopefully we get it in the mail soon.

Need your input

Hi folks,

Now that my wife is in Oath Scheduling que. If we move to another county after receiving the oath letter will she need to file AR-11 (change of address)?. But we will be holding the current residence till Feb. 2013 (our lease expires at that time). At the same time we will have a new address in another county. Any suggestion is appreciated in this regard.

My spouse case.

GC-EB1EA-Dependent-August 2007
06/11/12: N-400 FedExed to Phoenix, AZ (Day 0)
06/12/12: Package delivered (Day 1)
06/14/12: Received and routed to NBC (Email notification) (Day 3)
06/16/12: NOA Received (Day 5)
06/19/12: FP notice sent (Day 8)
06/23/12: FP notice Recd. for July 13 (Day 12)
07/06/12: FP done (Day 25)
07/30/12: In line for Interview Scheduling (Day 49)
09/04/12: Interview Scheduled (Day 84)
10/09/12: Interview Passed (Day 118)
10/12/12: In Oath Scheduling que (Day 121)

My journey ended today. Had Oath ceremony at Campbell, CA (San Jose DO). My interview was on 10/01 with Oath ceremony letter sent to me on 10/12 and actual oath on 10/25.
`
Thank you too all members of this forum for all their help!!! Also wish everyone a speedy end to their wait.

best Wishes

IL received yesterday!!

my updated timeline:

New York City DO

06/04/12 Mailed N-400
06/08/12 PD
06/12/12 Email/text confirmation of receipt
06/16/12 NA received
06/30/12 FP letter received
07/23/12 FP done
08/03/12 case status changed to "in line for interview"
09/17/12 YL received
10/22/12 text/case status changed to "scheduled for interview "
10/25/12 IL received
11/28/12 interview date

I posted this in another thread about ATL being slow as well.

Called today - it's been 91 days since July 30th when I was placed in line. Agent read what I can read on the website, then insisted it's only been 89 days so they can't give me any update until tomorrow.

Anybody betting on my status changing in the next 24 hours? I'm not.

I even re-counted the weeks to make sure I hadn't made a mistake (after I got off the phone). July 30th was a Monday. October 29th is also a Monday - 13 weeks later. 13x7=91 days.

They can't count.

Finally Done...

Finally Done...today, received passport, passport card and yesterday received Electoral confirmation for voting..!

Thanks to all & good luck to all of you...

Hello all,

I did a walk in for FingerPrinting at the Chicago Broadway Application Support Center. I was initially scheduled for 7th November 2012 and my wife for 8th November 2012. Today is 29 October 2012.

The office was empty. However, the officer at the entry desk looked at the appointment letters and asked why we are coming in early when our appointment date is 1 week later. I said that we may be out of town at that time. He asked 'Do you have plane tickets' - This was weird. I said 'No - We will be travelling locally out of town'. He then asked 'When will you be travelling out of town'....

Finally - he told us to come on the morning of the day of our travel. He handed over to us the "Applicant Information Worksheet" and requested us to have it filled and it will be quick on that day.

So we will have to go back on 7th November 2012 at 8 am... which is just 1 day earlier than our allotted time.

Thanks
Abdul
Chicago

N400 Timeline
30-Nov-2007 LPR
15-Oct-2012 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation
18-Oct-2012 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox
24-Oct-2012 .. Check cashed
24-Oct-2012 .. Received NOA letter
24-Oct-2012 … Registered on USCIS.gov for Alerts on Case Updates…
27-Oct-2012 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11
29-Oct-2012 .. Walk-in finger prints attempted and failed.
7-Nov-2012 .. Scheduled fingerprinting
30-Nov-2012 5 Yrs on GC will complete IA !!!

Here's today's update. Called again - this time the first tier rep was much more helpful. She was able to access my August 31st inquiry, understood what I was saying when during the 15 days, the "30 days" on the website, changed to "90 days" - which the website still reflects as of now - 90 days from July 30th.

She said that USCIS sent an email reply to me on Sept. 4th - which I never received - and I was checking my spam filter (my spam filter deletes stuff after 30 days, so if I missed it in there, it's gone now). The email basically said that if I don't get an interview within 90 days of SEPTEMBER 4th... to call. :( That puts us to December 4th. That date is also just over the 5-month mark since I filed. Since IL usually come with an interview date a month out, that puts me in a tricky situation.

I explained the issue of my GC (and driver's license) expiring on January 3rd. She read off the information about renewing my Green Card. (for a fee!) I applied with a hair over 6 months left on the Green Card (priority date is 6 months + 1 day left on the GC, I filed it 6 months + 4 days before the GC expires). So according to their own rules, I shouldn't have to pay to renew, because I did indeed have more than 6 months left on the card. Since the processing time should be 5 months, that gives a month of leeway... in theory.

She suggested booking an Infopass appointment. She was polite and sympathetic to me - more so than yesterday's agent, for sure. She said that at Infopass they may be able to give me an extension on the GC (which means I can renew my DL but it's going to probably cost me each time... I already paid full price for a 5 month license, I'll likely have to pay full price again for another temporary... then yet again for a "real" one that citizens get). It's not that much money but GA is making us jump through hoops these days. Used to be I always had to go to the DMV in person with my GC etc., but now they are making EVERYONE do it... no more online/mail renewals for regular citizens, bringing all kinds of documents to prove identity/residency etc., so the DMV has been a nightmare since July 1st when they implemented the new rules. I've already had to do that once - looks like I may have to do it twice more.

So that's where I'm at. I can either book an Infopass right away and see where that gets me, or sit tight and wait a bit longer to see if the IL comes. I think I'll probably at least do an Infopass - that seems like the safer bet at this point. And with the Holidays coming up I don't expect the DO to speed up anytime soon.

It almost seems like I was penalized for making the inquiry after the first 30 days, because when they replied, the restarted the 90-day clock, from July 30th, to Sept. 4th - over a month. That doesn't seem right.

Letting it sink in for a bit - then I guess I'll make the Infopass appointment. That will eat up a day, a lot of gas... lost time/income. Oy.

Booked an Infopass. They gave me 2 options - today or tomorrow. Today doesn't work so I'll be there at 10:15 tomorrow morning. At least that much is fast. It's been more than 45 days since I made and they responded to my initial inquiry... so that's the option I picked as the reason to schedule it. I'll hopefully have something to report tomorrow.

InfoPass appointment on 11/1

I took an InfoPass appointment for my wife's N-400 application on 11/1/2012 at 9.30 am. When my wife had an interview on 10/16/2012 (and she passed the test), IO informed her that she will hearing something within two weeks. Two weeks will be completed tomorrow i.e. on 10/31/2012. As per that we should be ok to have an appointment on 11/01/2012.

During this time, we contacted our Senator who made an inquiry with our DO, Baltimore about my wife case. DO informed Senator that my wife case will be adjudicated within the next 30 days. This is happened on 10/24/2012. Honesly speaking, we do not mind waiting for a month or two.

Since my wife application is going to cause issues to my daughter's pending permanent resident application. My daughter is reaching her 18th birth day in Jan-2013.

Another glitch is that I would not be able to attend my citizenship interview if I am called for an interview. I can not attend because my daughter's permanent resident application is pending based on my GC. If I become a USC, my daughter's pending I-485 will most likely be denied.

It would be highly apprecaited if you can give some insight into our pending applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
After not receving any comments, I have posted the question in the main room of US Citizenship Forum. I hope tha based on my issue, it is legitimate and I am not wasting any one's time.
Main rooms are visited some real experts...

I took an InfoPass appointment for my wife's N-400 application on 11/1/2012 at 9.30 am. When my wife had an interview on 10/16/2012 (and she passed the test), IO informed her that she will hearing something within two weeks. Two weeks will be completed tomorrow i.e. on 10/31/2012. As per that we should be ok to have an appointment on 11/01/2012.

During this time, we contacted our Senator who made an inquiry with our DO, Baltimore about my wife case. DO informed Senator that my wife case will be adjudicated within the next 30 days. This is happened on 10/24/2012. Honesly speaking, we do not mind waiting for a month or two.

Since my wife application is going to cause issues to my daughter's pending permanent resident application. My daughter is reaching her 18th birth day in Jan-2013.

Another glitch is that I would not be able to attend my citizenship interview if I am called for an interview. I can not attend because my daughter's permanent resident application is pending based on my GC. If I become a USC, my daughter's pending I-485 will most likely be denied.

It would be highly apprecaited if you can give some insight into our pending applications.

Oath Letter sent today.
----------------------------------------------
GC-EB1EA-Dependent-August 2007
06/11/12: N-400 FedExed to Phoenix, AZ (Day 0)
06/12/12: Package delivered (Day 1)
06/14/12: Received and routed to NBC (Email notification) (Day 3)
06/16/12: NOA Received (Day 5)
06/19/12: FP notice sent (Day 8)
06/23/12: FP notice Recd. for July 13 (Day 12)
07/06/12: FP done (Day 25)
07/30/12: In line for Interview Scheduling (Day 49)
09/04/12: Interview Scheduled (Day 84)
10/09/12: Interview Passed (Day 118)
10/12/12: In Oath Scheduling que (Day 121)
10/31/12: Oath letter sent (Day 140)

Yesterday I had my Infopass appointment. 100% a positive experience. It's about an hour away from me - in good traffic, since it was rush hour (and Atlanta!) I gave myself 2 hours to get there. Arrived 35 minutes early, went through security - left everything in the car except my papers and truck key - makes life easier. Security personnel were very nice and cheerful.

One can only check in 30 minutes before scheduled appointment, so I made a "rest stop" *g*. There was nobody else waiting in line at the check-in desk. The parking lot of the building was packed - I surmise that an oath ceremony was just getting out because there was a flood of people leaving as I was entering and the exit guard was congratulating everyone - I thought that was nice.

Checked in, got a numbered ticket and was shown where to wait. There were some people being served and one group of people who were together, in the waiting area. I waited 5 or 10 minutes or so, and my number was called.

A nice gentleman looked after me - I explained my concern about GC expiring before my process was complete so he offered to stamp my passport for an extension. Normally it's a 6-month extension - he gave me a year :) (Gosh I hope it doesn't take that long!)

I explained about being in the queue since July 30th, calling Aug. 31st after the 30 days, the missed email Sept. 4 and the schpiel on the website changing to 90 days during the 15 days after I made my inquiry - he sympathized with how frustrating that is! :) Explained that when I called yesterday, the agent told me the September 4th email said to contact them again 90 days from that date, and then the agent suggested I schedule the Infopass and here I am.

I asked if he had any idea "when". He explained that sometimes yellow letters go out shortly before interviews are booked - I flipped open my file folder and showed him mine - dated Sept. 27. He said it shouldn't be too long now but didn't think it would be more than 60 days. I guess he saw the look of dismay on my face at that - he said it's usually less than that but he hesitates to speculate. Said he's seeing May filers now so it shouldn't be too much longer. He said it "could be" 20 days... but he had no real way of knowing. I appreciate that he was honest and that he explained how it works, so that much made me feel better.

He confirmed that my file is still at NBC. NBC schedules the interviews and sends the letters and THEN they forward the files to the DO. So my file is still in Missouri, until such time as they schedule me.

So at least if the end of the year is looming without an interview/oath, I'll be able to renew my driver's license if need be. For now I'm going to sit tight - I have til January 3rd to do that, and hoping my journey will be done by then. My bigger concern, which I haven't really posted about, is that I may need to travel back to Canada for a couple of weeks to help with a family situation. That's the main cause of my angst - because I'm concerned that if I go and take care of that (dates won't be of my choosing), I may have a conflict with interview and/or oath. He said if I find out I have to travel and haven't received IL then to contact them to arrange an alternate date etc. Since my family situation has no firm dates yet, I'm just going to sit tight on that too. Soon, hopefully either the IL comes OR the family issue gets a date on it and then I can figure things out accordingly.

So that's where I am now. At least I won't be stuck without legal status and/or driver's license in the short term. I can live with that til I know more about the rest.

InfoPass made the US Citizen - Update and Question

Hi,
This is our original thread. I am giving complete scenario on my wife's Interview day or InfoPass day minutes.
As I mentioned yesterday i.e. on 10-31-2012, I had an infopass appointment for my wife. I took the appointment in the morning hours to give window time for officer to perform oath if they decide.

We had an appointment at 9.30am. We reached there at 8.45 am. We are called at 9.00 am. Out initial discussions with IO officers are hostile. The reception of InfoPass said that it is normal if you do not get response within 2 weeks. Normal waiting time is 120 days. She is kind enough to give us token number even when she does not like us.

When the IO officer called us, she said it is normal that you do not get response. You should have waited from 3 to 6 months. She has started looking into after saying that. As you know, i can not argue with any of them. I will be in trouble if I argue with them.

We expressed our concern of our daughters pending I-485 and which can have approval if my wife can become a citizen. In the morning, we took our daughter with us. Our duaghter came to USCIS on the condition that we will drop her back at her university to submit her some project works. She had some last date to submit.

The above conversation with IO took almost couple of hours. We informed IO and left USCIS office to drop our daughter at her university. While returning to USCIS, we finised our lunch on the way and reached USCIS office at around 1.30 pm.
We started seeing smiling face of IO. IO issued a same day interview letter and asked us to wait. We waited until 3 pm. During the free time, I tried to ask our kids cases with IO.
There is some more drama in the lobby and before we go Oath ceremony. I think I already took some extra time here.
My wife had Oath ceremony finally and now she is USC. Now when I am checking online status, it is still showing your interview letter has been sent.

Since we need to follow-up on our kids derivative cases, do I need to wait until the status becomes N-400 application is approved or can I can call USCIS toll free number without waiting for status update?