June 2011 Filers

Congratulations to all and thank you all for sharing the highs and lows of this wonderful journey.

I wish everyone the best and good luck with all your endeavors.

See you all at the 751 point or the N400 LOL.....:cool:

My interview was scheduled at 10am and we got there at about 9:45am .the Officer called us in at 10:15am and the whole interview took not longer than 15 minutes. It started with oath after that interviewer goes with a question from the papers like "whats my name; address; phone;if i have SSN" , she continue with yes/no Q with me. He just asked my wife's date of birth and my date of birth - actually, he was saying those dates herself and asked us to confirm that it's a correct information.then she contiune to ask my wife How we met? Where was it? How long do we date? When we move to live together and she look at our pictures then she fotocopy 5 of our picture and took my I-94. she never ask my any Question again.She said we can go she need to review the docment and she will get back to us.

PP. 30min later I receive e-mail/sms Approval notice on my I-485 and that the card is ordered.

Hi all, congratulations to you that got the GC already, I just sent my evidence yesterday, so I hope soon I can hear something from them.
And hope for the rest of us that did not get anything yet.

Still waiting for EAD

Does anyone know how long it takes for EAD,

My application date is June-21 ...My AP was approved on Aug 11,
EAD is still under Initial review

I havent recieved any RFE as yet...

How long can i wait before i call the uscis for an update regarding my ead approval?

Kindly advise
Thanks

Dear friends, I got approved today! it went very smoothly and was almost a friendly chat. Feels good!

Wow it makes me so happy to see that we're all moving along and people are receiving green cards and having interviews!!
I received notification this morning that my interview is OCT. 14th!!
I am so happy the date is finally set and near.
Congratulations to everyone. Now I have to prep up for interview :) :)

Thankks for your response guys. I actually hadn't called because I remember reading having to wait 60 days. I just called and yes, I have to wait 60 days before calling for an update. Well it'lll be 60 days soon, hopefully I hear something while I wait.

My now wife had a issue five years ago when she filed for OPT after graduating from grad school. She filed the I-765 online and mailed her paperwork to the Vermont Service Center as it said. Well, if you file online you are also automatically scheduled for an appointment at ASC so they could get your photo. To make a long story short, she neglected to get delivery tracking on the papers she mailed to VT. She called USCIS and the reps on the phone where not helpful (again the first-line reps are really contractors would have public trust security clearance, basically nothing). After several calls and attempts to be transferred to a supervisor (or a representative at the VT Service Center) she was told to make an INFOPASS appointment to the Baltimore office, and they will be able to tell her if Vermont had received her mailed paperwork. She did and the day before she was going to go to Baltimore, she received an automated status update email that her OPT was approved.

So, even though the reps on the phone are not helpful I would recommend a INFOPASS appointment if it is feasible.

Do we get the passport stamp right away at the interview?

First of all congrats to everyone, who recieved thier GCs.

I have my interview schduled on 21st September,

My question is that if everything goes smooth at the interview , then would i get the stamp 551g on my passport right away?

If i do, then can i work independently without my h1b, my ead is still pending.

Kindly advise
Thanks

Hello, June filers!
I hope everybody is okay.
I am getting my paperwork together for the green card interview which is scheduled for September 20th, 2011.
I was able to secure a job and would like to use my income to supplement my husband's income. But I don't know which form I-864 to fill out in addition to what we have already sent:). Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Have a good night!
Velvet T.

Interview experience

My husband’s interview was yesterday. We were scheduled at 8:15 am. Got there 20 min early (no phones with camera allowed in the building). We waited about 25 minutes past our appt time to be called in, although I saw many people come and go fast. We didn’t get a straight answer whether approved or not, although the IO said he saw no problems and he didn’t need any more evidence, but that he needed his supervisor approval. He also said to contact USCIS if we do not hear anything in a month.
The officer was a nice man. He she started off by going over I 485 and making notes. Then he asked my husband his birthday, when did we meet. He asked what kind of research we are doing at the University and if we met each other parents. If we had children (no, just a cat said my husband). He asked my husband the name of the cat. He asked if we own a house together (yes, since 2 years ago). He looked at the huge folder but didn’t really want anything. He eventually (after saying he appreciated our efforts) looked at some recent bank statements but did not take any (he said we already submitted plenty). He asked my husband if he was ever on a J visa (no). He looked at an album I made with various pictures from our 5 year relationship. Also asked about a castle in one of the pictures but none of us could not remember the name, just that it was in Portugal. He asked about a cat in the pics (not ours actually, my in-laws’s) and about the house painting (there was one pic with my husband painting a bedroom wall). While doing that, he was flipping through his paperwork and making a lot of small talk. He looked into my husband’s passport but said he cannot keep his I94 because he would need it for work (he is on H1-B). Finally, he stepped out of the room and asked somebody else some questions and came back and actually took my husband’s I94 and said he can use his EAC instead. We had a little more small talk and he asked us if we had any questions. Then he said that was all and we should hear from them within 30 days. If he needs anything he will let us know. Overall he was really pleasant and the whole interview was quite casual, but I was pretty bumped by the lack of an instant approval. We were out of there in about 20 min, including the 5 min he stepped outside. Hopefully we will hear something soon. :confused:

Update: Card/ Document Production on September 16 :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys we had our interview today. We got there about 20 minutes early but got inside about 5 minutes late. There was a long line plus they were running late with the naturalization ceremony so they kept calling people who were there for the ceremony to the front of the line, therefore delaying everybody else. And the security office ocassionally stopped letting people in and went to the parking lot to tell people not to park in certain spots.

Once we got in we waited another 25 minutes to be called. When we got to the interview room the officer asked if we had any documents to show that we have a bonified (cant spell that word) marriage. I told me that we had a bunch of documents but that they already have all except the pictures.He then said "don't give anything I already have". I then asked if he wanted to see the pictures. He said nope. He asked if we had our child's birth certificate then I said not yet. He shook his head for about 5 seconds then looked at me for about 5 second. He the started looking through me file mentioning every document he looked at (Lease in both names, electric in both names, old lease from another state in both names...). When he got to our child's hospital birth record. He said "baby A born to so and so, good enough for me". Then he left the room for about 2 minutes. When he came back he explained how the remove conditions and the penalty for not doing so. He asked if I had an employment authorization card. I said yes and I asked if was going to take it from me. He said yes. I then told him I was hoping to use it to start working. He then asked for me passport and stamped it. He said you can work with this. Hec you can travel with it if you wanted. He asked if we had any questions, I said no. Then he said I guess we are done

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, everyone!
I hope all is well with everybody.
Getting ready for the green card interview tomorrow. It is at 2:30 pm in Charlotte, NC. I am a bit nervous, but I manage to go through the paperwork one more time to make sure I have everything.
Wish me luck, people!

Good Luck! I can see you going green.

Hello, everyone!
Getting ready for the green card interview tomorrow. It is at 2:30 pm in Charlotte, NC. I am a bit nervous, but I manage to go through the paperwork one more time to make sure I have everything.
Wish me luck, people!

Hello, everyone!
Wish me luck, people!

Wish you all the best for the interview!!

thanks for your help

my green-card was approved on the 15th of September 2011!

oddly I never received my EAD, which is still in the step 'initial review', not that it's required anymore.