July 2012 N-400 Tracker

Hi Everyone,

We had an infopass appointment to find out the status on my wife's N-400 application and they told us that, her application in in FBI Name check and once it clears, then they will schedule for interview. IO is not able to tell the timeline. Anyone has any clue about how long the name check takes for n-400 application. I thought they do this only for I-485.

On a side note, for my interview, I can just carry the documents mentioned in the invitation letter or do I need to carry any other documents (apart from GC/passport/Drivers license/two photo graphs).

regds
Kris

Kris,
All the documents reqd will be there as mentioned in the IL. If there is anything specific, then you will get the Yellow Letter.

Kris,
All the documents reqd will be there as mentioned in the IL. If there is anything specific, then you will get the Yellow Letter.

Thanks ks_cc and Swaiting. I will wait few more days and if I don't get any response, I might have to follow up with Local Senator and others..

regards
Kris

Hi Arc007,

I am also from Philadelphia DO, had my fingerprinting on July 27th and no news yet after that. When did you get you GC ?

Have you received the interview letter as yet? I am in Philadelphia DO, and my case was placed in line for interview on Aug 20th - no news thus far!

I got my GC in July 2007. In fact, my status has changed to scheduled for interview since Sep 7th - but have not received any letter as yet. Spoke to USCIS rep, and she says the usual i.e. to wait for 30 days

Hi Arc007,

I am also from Philadelphia DO, had my fingerprinting on July 27th and no news yet after that. When did you get you GC ?

New to the Group!

Hi everyone! I'm new here although I've wandering the forum since I sent my N-400 to compare the timeline of my application.

So here it goes:

San Francisco, CA

07/20/2012 --- Application mailed (N-400 and I-912)
07/23/2012 --- Application delivered to Phoenix, AZ.
08/10/2012 --- NOA received and fee waiver request approved.
08/17/2012 --- EARLY FP DONE (original date being 8/24/2012).
08/31/2012 --- IL letter received.
10/02/2012 --- Interview scheduled.

I was excited because I think I will be able to vote and more grateful because my case is moving quite fast. Hope that everything turn out right for everybody!!!

update on my n-400 interview

Hi Everyone

yesterday I had an n-400 interview at Irving office. it was at 2.15 pm in the afternoon and around 3 pm my name was called. Interview went well(including the test) and while verifying the application, He asked did I had any citations and I told him yes(I didn't mention them on my application thinking they were all less than 500 dollars). I have given him the details and told him that I have paid all 3. Also I asked him, should I suppose to mention them as appln says no need to disclose if the fine amount is less than 500..He told me that, it's good to mention it( they wanted to see if there are any pending warrants against my name and also he told me that, either way, they will find out in the system search). so I thought of sharing that with you. Rest everything went well..but He didn't approve my application, instead he wanted to verify my application info with system info and then approve it. so thats where I came out with a paper saying I passed the test..but yet to be approved.....Interview questions are very basic questions....

regards
kris

Hi Arc007,

I spoke to Customer service and they said Philadelphia is processing March 12th applications and I should wait for another couple of months. When did file yours and fingerprint date ??

I got my GC in July 2007. In fact, my status has changed to scheduled for interview since Sep 7th - but have not received any letter as yet. Spoke to USCIS rep, and she says the usual i.e. to wait for 30 days

Hi Arc007,

I spoke to Customer service and they said Philadelphia is processing March 12th applications and I should wait for another couple of months. When did file yours and fingerprint date ??

I do not believe that you were provided the correct information. Philly is right on track and current in processing N400 cases (you can look through the processing times page on USCIS website)

As for me, I just received the IL today for the interview scheduled for Oct 17th. I did my FPs on 8/16, as scheduled. Seems like Philly takes about 2 months after FP for interview (a similar pattern can be observed at trackitt).

Btw, in your case you may want to reach out FBI to inquire whether they have sent their response back to USCIS. It could be that your case is still pending due to background/name check. What is the online status on your case?

Hi arc007,

I hope you are right. I spoke to FBI they said the name check is completed on July 17th and response sent back to USCIS on the same day. My Online status still says Initial review.

I do not believe that you were provided the correct information. Philly is right on track and current in processing N400 cases (you can look through the processing times page on USCIS website)

As for me, I just received the IL today for the interview scheduled for Oct 17th. I did my FPs on 8/16, as scheduled. Seems like Philly takes about 2 months after FP for interview (a similar pattern can be observed at trackitt).

Btw, in your case you may want to reach out FBI to inquire whether they have sent their response back to USCIS. It could be that your case is still pending due to background/name check. What is the online status on your case?

Thanks for the update Kris, and wish you good luck, I've my interview scheduled at irving office on 10/4.

Have a great day!!
LL

Irksome start to the week, but it can only get better! Tried to reach a USCIS Customer Service Tier 2 officer this morning. The Tier 1 representative, was perfectly professional and courteous, but was unable to offer any more information other than the cookie cutter script and case status reflected online. Upon my request to be transferred to a Tier 2 officer, she seemed deflective and recommended an InfoPass appointment to seek further information.
27 days since the FP with no LUDs or status changes. My theory is name check - when the NC comes back, people get the "In Line" message. When the DO has open slots, people get queued and get the "Interview Scheduled" message.

Received the IL Today. The Interview is on 10/18 in Newark.

07/10/12 Day 00 N-400 mailed
07/12/12 Day 02 N-400 delivered to Texax Lockbox
07/18/12 Day 08 Check cashed
07/21/12 Day 11 Notice Received
07/13/12 PD
07/27/12 FP Notice Received.
08/13/12 FP Done.
08/28/12 Online Status changed to "In Line for Interview Scheduling"
09/10/12 Interview Scheduled.
09/17/12 IL Received.
10/18/12 Interview

Irksome start to the week, but it can only get better! Tried to reach a USCIS Customer Service Tier 2 officer this morning. The Tier 1 representative, was perfectly professional and courteous, but was unable to offer any more information other than the cookie cutter script and case status reflected online. Upon my request to be transferred to a Tier 2 officer, she seemed deflective and recommended an InfoPass appointment to seek further information.
27 days since the FP with no LUDs or status changes. My theory is name check - when the NC comes back, people get the "In Line" message. When the DO has open slots, people get queued and get the "Interview Scheduled" message.

ks_cc:
I am in the same situation as you. Tier 2 officer said that name check is pending:( FP done 7/16

Sorry to hear usfp. Well, at least my wife has her interview coming up next week.

How'd you manage to get to a Tier 2? What'd you say?

After dialing the number, don't make any selection. You will be automatically transferred to a Tier 1 Spanish speaking operator. Ask that you wanted English. They will listen to you and give your usual answer. Then say you appreciate your help but would like to be transferred to a tier 2 officer for more details. They usually are nice and oblige:)

After dialing the number, don't make any selection. You will be automatically transferred to a Tier 1 Spanish speaking operator. Ask that you wanted English. They will listen to you and give your usual answer. Then say you appreciate your help but would like to be transferred to a tier 2 officer for more details. They usually are nice and oblige:)

Thanks usfp, I used your recommendation and was able to reach an extremely courteous and professional Tier 2 Officer. She was unable to determine what the hold up is, since they don't have my file on hand, but she was able to confirm that I am not yet scheduled for an interview. She's raised a service request with the service center and I will hear from the center directly in the mail. I have no idea what any of the latter implies but I expect a generic letter will be sent out to me in a week that would tell me absolutely jack squat.
Regardless of the message, she was a perfectly great messenger to talk to. Thanks for the tip.

Hi arc007,

My status changed last evening to Scheduled for Interview.

Have you received the IL ??