July 2009 N-400 Filers

I would like to disagree. Not because it took me less than 3 months, but I had been watching this forum closely and find that at least for Dallas DO, it has been taking 3 months or less on average for the last 6 months or so. I know it probably takes longer at other DOs.

Hey Sgsnathan: Your seems to be one of the fastest timeline I am seeing here. Thats really nice...

Got Email today (10/08/09). that "Case Transferred to Local Office for Standard Interview" for self and spouse.

HAHA Thanks July31. Yesterday was a waste of time calling the customer service line, thankfully I got my interview letter already!

Finished my interview yesterday.
Walked in to the DO about 15 mins before interview time, after security check reached a place where there were rooms on either side of the hall, on the right it said something like "Oath Room" so I assumed the room on the left would be the interview one, it turned out to be the waiting room, there were about 20-25 people in the room, most were for N-600? there were about 3 (including me) who had interview at the same time as mine, 10 mins past the interview time, the other two were called in, about 5-10 mins after that my number came, the Officer was very nice, introduced herself as the one who will be doing my interview. We went into her office, she asked me to remain standing up, lift my right hand and swear that I will tell the truth, she asked me to sit after that, she said we will start with the civics test, I answered the first 6 questions right and she stopped, she asked me to read "When is Columbus day" or was it "When do we celebrate Columbus day" and asked me to write "Columbus day is in October", then she started reviewing my application, on the "Do you own any taxes question" I waited for couple of seconds before answering ( I knew I had paid all my taxes not sure why I hesitated) she explained the question that she wanted to know if I had any outstanding taxes, I replied "no", I wanted to mention this since she caught my slight hesitation (lesson learnt: be confident in your answers) she then went on to review the rest of the application , at the end asked me to sign (two places) and print my name on the application, sign with the pen and not pencil on the left side of the pictures(the one I had submitted along my application), after that she stamped "Approved" on my application, she then told me she was recommending me to approval and that I should wait outside and collect my Oath letter. I waited for about 5 mins in the waiting room, got my Oath letter and left. The whole thing took less than an hour.

Finished my interview yesterday.
Walked in to the DO about 15 mins before interview time, after security check reached a place where there were rooms on either side of the hall, on the right it said something like "Oath Room" so I assumed the room on the left would be the interview one, it turned out to be the waiting room, there were about 20-25 people in the room, most were for N-600? there were about 3 (including me) who had interview at the same time as mine, 10 mins past the interview time, the other two were called in, about 5-10 mins after that my number came, the Officer was very nice, introduced herself as the one who will be doing my interview. We went into her office, she asked me to remain standing up, lift my right hand and swear that I will tell the truth, she asked me to sit after that, she said we will start with the civics test, I answered the first 6 questions right and she stopped, she asked me to read "When is Columbus day" or was it "When do we celebrate Columbus day" and asked me to write "Columbus day is in October", then she started reviewing my application, on the "Do you own any taxes question" I waited for couple of seconds before answering ( I knew I had paid all my taxes not sure why I hesitated) she explained the question that she wanted to know if I had any outstanding taxes, I replied "no", I wanted to mention this since she caught my slight hesitation (lesson learnt: be confident in your answers) she then went on to review the rest of the application , at the end asked me to sign (two places) and print my name on the application, sign with the pen and not pencil on the left side of the pictures(the one I had submitted along my application), after that she stamped "Approved" on my application, she then told me she was recommending me to approval and that I should wait outside and collect my Oath letter. I waited for about 5 mins in the waiting room, got my Oath letter and left. The whole thing took less than an hour.

Congratulations. When is u r oath and what is u r DO ?

Today I had my interview and passed it. My wife had hers' on 10-08-09 and she too had
passed. We could not take an oath as our 5 years will be completed only on Oct 26.
So we will have to wait for letter for an Oath date. The officer thanked me for reminding her about the 5 year period. Same thing happended to my wife too. Since now a days the citizenship process is sped up one has to make sure that Oath is done 5 years after GC approval. ( I heard that it could create a problem if you do an Oath before 5 years!!!!)

DO: Baltimore, MD
07/27/09: N-400 for self and wife mailed to Texas by certified first class mail.
07/30/09: N-400 Received
07/30/09: Priority Date
07/31/09: Checks cashed
08/06/09: NOA received
08/06/09: FP Notice Date
08/11/09: FP Notice (self and wife) received
08/21/09: FP done (self and wife)
08/28/09: IL Notice Date(wife)
08/31/09: Interview Letter received(wife)
09/02/09: IL Notice Date(self)
09/03/09: Case update "Case sent for interview...(self and wife)
09/08/09: Interview Letter received(self)
10/08/09: Interview Passed(wife)
10/13/09: Interview Passed (self)
00/00/00:Oath date

rajan123

congratulations to you and your wife .. we are coming behind you and it helps if you can mention details of questions asked, if any discussion happened on trafiic violations and any other important points.

Got IL

Got interview letter today 10/13/09. Notice date was 10/09/09. Interview date is 11/16/09 Monday at 9:20 am room 1512 at the Broad street location in Newark for both me and spouse. I wonder if we will have to learn the name of a new governor :D :p.

Passed test -- decision next week due to less than 5yrs

Hello all --

I had my interview today at 1.40pm in Fairfax,VA --

I parked my car behind the USCUS offcie building ($5/pay) around 1.10pm and i was inside the building at 1.20pm. I went to the second floor and presented the notice to the reception lady. she asked me to take a seat and told someone will call me --

I was called around 2pm by an IO officer -- on the way to his office, he told me that he will push me to 3.15pm oath ceremonsy --( positive officer) .I told him please put me next Tuesday or Wedneaday bcos I will complete my 5yrs eligibilty by next tuesday......He told that he should have called the next person first instead of me bcos he can attend the ceremony today -- i told him -- "if u want me to do it today -- i can do".

I took seat on his offce and he started asking me 6 questions --
( no raising my right hand)
I answerd all 6 -- then he asked me to read " what do we pay to govt? -- and asked me to write -- we pay taxes --

then he asked me to verify all the information in the application and asked my wifes DOB, date of marriage --

he looked into my Birth certificate and asked me why I have dot "L." ( L.Firstname) in my first name --i told him thats how we write in India -- then he confirmed with his supervisor -- and everything went fine from there -- and then i signed the application --

he told me that he will call me Wednesday morning for Oath --

i told thanks and walked out --

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview and Oath completed !!! Timelines below.

I wanted to thank each and everyone who shared their experience that helps everyone to track the trend and have an insight to the process which is otherwise like a black box.

You can take you phone and a camera too.

Here todays experience:

I had my interview today at 2 o'clock in Fairfax,VA.

I parked my car behind the USCUS offcie building ($5/pay) and walked in the waiting area at around 1:20.

Gave the receptionist the interview letter and was asked to wait for my turn. Was called sharply at 2. IO was vry friendly. Did the "swear to tell the truth" thing.... was asked 6 questions, was asked to read "Who can vote" and write the answer. Then the IO reviewed the N400 form. "Do I still work for the XYZ company". For how many days were I out of the country". "Where was my last visit and the timeline". "Was I ever convicted". "Do I have any problem to take the oath today".

That was it. Was done in 12-15 min flat. Signed the approval letter and asked me to go to the first floor to wait for the "Oath" which started at 3:20 and I was all done by 4:20.

Case Type: N400 Location: Virginia, VA
---------------------------------------------
07/21/2009: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX
07/24/2009: Application Received - 11 AM
07/27/2009: Check Cashed
07/27/2009: NOA Date
07/31/2009: NOA Received
08/07/2009: FP Notice Received
08/18/2009: FP Scheduled/Done
09/09/2009: Online Status Changed to "Case sent for STD interview...."
09/14/2009 : IL
10/14/2009 : Interview cleared and Oath administered.