July 2008 filers here?

Just a thought: When you called the NCS, which application did you ask about? If you asked about your I-485, then they'll just say to wait. However, there is a 90-day deadline for EAD and AP applications, so if you're past that deadline, then they can put in a service request for one of those and that may move things along for the AOS application as well. My guess is that your application has been forgotten since they received your RFE reply and you need to do something to move it along.
i called twice on the same day: i asked first about the work permit: i called last week and they told me that they were going to put a service request in and that i should have an update in 5 days. After 5 days and no update i called in again and they told me that they sent me an update on 12/9 (when i called was 12/10) that i never received so the lady on the phone transfered me to a "higher level" and this guy told me that the update was simply that i should have the work permit "in a month... or maybe more..mhm probably by January 31st, or maybe later than that"
I called five minutes later for the i-485 (because on the website it says that i should receive some kind of updates in 60 days from the date that they received the evidences that they needed and i didn't recieve any updates since they received it, and yesterday-12/10 was the 60 days deadline) and the woman on the phone told me that "it's processing" and i should have some updates pretty soon and to call back in a month if i don't receive anything.

I have a lawyer that i'm not really happy with. He suggested that we do an info-pass if we haven't received anything in two weeks.. that this might help or may not..

i look at this forum and it seems that everybody that filed in July either had the interview already or they have a date for the interview.. it's just a little frustrating...

It came!

Just wanted to let you all know that my green card arrived in the mail yesterday so I'm still rather excited about it! I can't believe it's finally all done and dusted. There's really nothing left to do now!

Good luck to everyone still working on theirs and thanks to everyone for their help.

Chris

We filed on July 15th.
We received all the receipts, we received the biometrics appointment after 2 weeks. in semptember they told us that they needed more evidences (my husband's tax returns),they received the evidences on October 10th.
Since then NOTHING.. no work permit, no interview , nothing ... i called the costumer service and they told me that it's processing but they didn't give me any time frame or anything...
anybody in my shoes?? any suggestions?

Make an infopass apt ASAP

affidavit of support

Hi, so.. as i wrote before we didn't have any news for a while.
We filed on July 15th, did the biometrics after 2 weeks, the immigration needed more evidence for the affidavit of support, we sent it and after that nada for 2 long months.
Now the lawyer received a letter stating that the DHS is missing one page from the Affidavit of Support. The lawyer told me that we will resubmit the Form (I-864). But now i don't know what is going to happen: are we on hold or we will be sent at the back of the line again?
of course my brilliant lawyer decided to write me an email to tell me this on Friday night at 7 and i'm not gonna be able to talk to him till Monday morning at 10...
anybody?

We filed on July 15th, did the biometrics after 2 weeks, the immigration needed more evidence for the affidavit of support, we sent it and after that nada for 2 long months.
Now the lawyer received a letter stating that the DHS is missing one page from the Affidavit of Support. The lawyer told me that we will resubmit the Form (I-864). But now i don't know what is going to happen: are we on hold or we will be sent at the back of the line again?
of course my brilliant lawyer decided to write me an email to tell me this on Friday night at 7 and i'm not gonna be able to talk to him till Monday morning at 10...
anybody?

Typically your file will be on hold until they receive the evidence, then processing will resume.

Info Pass

anybody?

I got a RFE but the case was put on hold until I sent evidence back. I don't think you will go back in line. Not a 100% sure how this works but mine was just a case of being put on hold.

Interview Today - Approved

We had our interview today and were approved after about 30 minutes of interviewing. We were called in an hour passed our schedule time and were sworn in. First I was asked basic questions like name, address, SSN, DOB and date of marriage and then my USC wife was asked the same questions about herself. The IO then asked for our wedding pictures, joint account statments, property ownership documents and life insurance beneficiary proofs. He then went over the questions regarding any arrests that I had answered in my application. He then went over each and every page of the application and documents that i had submitted to see if he needed to get more info on anything. He then asked if he can keep some wedding pictures and all the above documents that he had requested to see. He then went outside the room and after about 2-3 min. came back and told us that he was approving our case and that I am a PR starting today. He told us that the card should be arriving in 2-3 weeks and since we have been married for more than 2 years I should get my 10 year card. He wanted to keep my EAD card but since I am in talks with some potential employers, he let me keep it until I get my GC card. He then took the I94 card from my passport. There was another IO in the room with us listening in on everything. I don't know why. Has this happened to anyone else?

Do I need to take my child for interview?

My interview is scheduled for 22nd and wondering if I need to take my baby with me. He is a US citizen. Also, my USC husband can't find his original birth certificate. Will that be an issue.
Thanks

My interview is scheduled for 22nd and wondering if I need to take my baby with me. He is a US citizen. Also, my USC husband can't find his original birth certificate. Will that be an issue.
Thanks

If your husband is a US citizen by birth, it can be a problem. If he is a naturalized US citizen, he just needs his naturalization certificate and US passport. If you have a photocopy of the birth certificate, you should take that. You can atleast show that if asked for.

Thanks

your husband can get a copy of birth certificate issued from county office; if he was born in US.

take your baby with you along with all the documents regarding baby's birth.

I took a closer look at my interview letter and it reads" Please do not bring children unless otherwise stated". Also I am taking my hubby along but it does not state that as a requirement in the letter.

I took a closer look at my interview letter and it reads" Please do not bring children unless otherwise stated". Also I am taking my hubby along but it does not state that as a requirement in the letter.

Here is what it reads first thing on my IL; "if your eligibility is based on your marriage, your husband or wife must come with you to the interview".

"if you have children, bring a birth certificate for each of your children".

You are right, you do not have to bring kids to interview. But based on people's experience on this forum. bringing kid(s) help in the interview.

Interview Yesterday

I had my interview yesterday at Fairfax office at 1.30pm.
It wasn't overly crowded which I later found out was due to an officers training due to which not too many interviews were scheduled yesterday.
Anyway so here is how it went-
Interviewed by a friendly young woman.
The very first question was when we met to which I gave very specific detail and stopped and then she asked and then what happened- so I told her our long endless roller coaster story of how our relationship blossomed. After that she started the questioned both of us with the following
1. what is ur husband's name?
2.What is his/her middle name?
3. Where was he/she born?
4. Where was he before he came to DC?
5. Where does your mother in law live now?
6. Where were your in-laws born ( which i didn't know but guessed correctly:p)
7.How long has your husband/wife worked at their current location?
9. Do you have a letter of employment from your employer (to my husband)? which we didn't but gave her pay stubs instead.
8. She asked me if the last time I entered the country was in 2007 which wasn't the case as I traveled overseas in December on my H1b.
We were with her for half hour. She didn't look at a single picture. She wanted the marriage certificate. Towards the end she asked for my Advance Parole and since we are traveling in 2 weeks she stamped by passport and said the card should reach me in a few weeks.
BTW we have a baby and i actually mentioned it in the passing during her questioning but she never asked anything about him either.
It was a total of 30 mins. She was very thorough. They have a checklist which she was crossing off after reviewing certain documents in my file.
So that was it. I think the officers are nice and friendly and just depends on the case on how much they drill you.
All the best to everyone. Thanks for all your help.
Cheers

Interview - Approved(?)

My wife had her interview today. 8:30 AM in atlanta. Pretty uneventful process.

We got their at 8:10, checked in and waited. We had a lawyer, who never showed up!!

The interviewer called us in. Asked for ID's. Went over mypaperwork first. Asked me for my wife's birthday.
Next, she went over my wife's paperwork.
Then asked for joint documentation. We first showed her our wedding album (we've been married 2 years) and had a bunch of stuff. a few photos for her to keep, copies of bank statements, insurance cards, credit cards, utility bills. Gave it all to her to keep.

No questions on where we met or anything of that sort.

She said OK. all is good and took my wife's I-94 (Wife is currently on F-1) and said good bye, you'll get your card within 60 days.

Timeline
Applied at Chicago Lockbox
ND: 07-23
FP: 08-14
EAD Approved: 10-02
AP Approved: 10-02
AP Received: 10-03
IL received: 11-21
IL Date: 01-27

At that point, I asked her that since our 2nd wedding anniversary is tomorrow (1/28), if she is approved with today's date, will she not get the conditional GC. So, can she wait until thursday to OK it and give us the regular 10 year GC.

She said she'll have to look in to doing that and if it were possible, she would but no promises. I said, thanks very much. just wanted to make the request.

So now waiting to see, if they Ok everything and also if they will give the 10 year card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Card Production ordered

jan 28th -- Card production ordered.

I'm guessing it was the conditional card but hoping its the regular deal. we shall see....

Could someone please let me know if we need to take "Two recent color photographs" to the interview?

Thanks,
Priya

Status - Marriage-based GC
----------------------------------------------------------
11/8/08 (Day 0) - Sent 130,485,325A,693,864,765 to Chicago
11/10/08 (Day 2)- Received
11/18/08 (Day 10)- Notice Date & Checks Cashed
12/1/08 (Day 23)- FP Notice Received
12/9/08 (Day 31)- FP Completed
12/11/08 (Day 33) - Cases (I485,I765) appear online
01/09/09 - LUD (Day 62) - EAD Card Production Ordered.
01/20/09 (Day 73) - EAD Received (& LUD - I765 Approval Notice Sent)
01/26/2009 (Day 79) - IL Received (Scheduled for Mar 16)

Could someone please let me know if we need to take "Two recent color photographs" to the interview?

Thanks,
Priya

Status - Marriage-based GC
----------------------------------------------------------
11/8/08 (Day 0) - Sent 130,485,325A,693,864,765 to Chicago
11/10/08 (Day 2)- Received
11/18/08 (Day 10)- Notice Date & Checks Cashed
12/1/08 (Day 23)- FP Notice Received
12/9/08 (Day 31)- FP Completed
12/11/08 (Day 33) - Cases (I485,I765) appear online
01/09/09 - LUD (Day 62) - EAD Card Production Ordered.
01/20/09 (Day 73) - EAD Received (& LUD - I765 Approval Notice Sent)
01/26/2009 (Day 79) - IL Received (Scheduled for Mar 16)

It is good to have 2 recent photographs; although it's not required at the interview.

interview

I had my interview yesterday at Newark NJ office at 8.30am.

approved,...:eek::):D

DO; Newark
7/17/08 (0) - Sent 130,485,693,864ez,765 to MSC
7/20 (1) - RD
7/23 (5) - Checks cashed
7/25 (7) - ND for I-130 and I-485, rejection notice for I-765
7/31 (13) - FP notice (8/20)
8/04 (17) - resent updated I-765 form to MSC
8/13 (26) - ND for I-765
8/20 (33) - FP done for I-485
8/21 (34) - FP notice for I-765 (9/02)
9/02 (44) - FP done for I-765