Joint sponsor for my green card. HELP!

Blue-eyed

Hi,
I recently married US citizen and now im applying for green card, all the documents are ready but we have a small problem connected with Affidavit of Support. Here is my story:
My husband had a part time job and he got a good full-time job 2 months ago. We thought that would be enough to be my sponsor, but i guess we were wrong. His W2 form (for 2012) shows he only made 14000$ which doesn't meet requirements. Our lawyer said we can try to fill up Affidavit of support without a joint sponsor but there is a big chance it will be declined. IT's Ridiculous because my husband has a full-time job now...
anyways, did anybody have a situation like this? what did you do?

We are trying to find a joint sponsor but nobody wants to deal with it, because it's a huge responsibility (even though we wont ever ask for money and its just a formal document for us).

Any advice or info will be appreciated!

What matters is his income now, not W2 for 2012. If his current income is enough, then you don't need a joint sponsor. Since he started his current job recently, a letter from his employer would help.

You may ask your husbands employer to issue a letter. You husband can get his Green Card through his job. But, the employer should be ready to sponsor your husband.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice.

Hi,
I recently married US citizen and now im applying for green card, all the documents are ready but we have a small problem connected with Affidavit of Support. Here is my story:
My husband had a part time job and he got a good full-time job 2 months ago. We thought that would be enough to be my sponsor, but i guess we were wrong. His W2 form (for 2012) shows he only made 14000$ which doesn't meet requirements. Our lawyer said we can try to fill up Affidavit of support without a joint sponsor but there is a big chance it will be declined. IT's Ridiculous because my husband has a full-time job now...
anyways, did anybody have a situation like this? what did you do?

We are trying to find a joint sponsor but nobody wants to deal with it, because it's a huge responsibility (even though we wont ever ask for money and its just a formal document for us).

Any advice or info will be appreciated!

my husband is US citizen, im not, so im the only one who needs a green card :)
thanks for your replies!

Even though he has a good full-time job, our lawyer advised us to get a joint sponsor just because my husband's w2 for the previous year doesn't meet the requirements. I know it's stupid, but he said there is a big chance our Affidavit of Support will be declined.

Go ahead without the joint sponsor. If they decline it because of the previous year's income being insufficient, then you can go about finding a joint sponsor.

Make sure to get a letter from the current employer which clearly states his current salary, and include as many paystubs as he can get at this time.