Joining Us Army

rudo

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I just want to find outfrom those who know,as asylee(Before getting GREENCARD) can one join the US ARMY?Anyone who has done so,share your experinces.

Yes, one requires a GC with atleast 2 years of valid date (I believe most GCs have 10 years valid date) to enlist in the US military. And GC enlistees can only serve non-officer positions with jobs that does not require Security Clearance set by DoD.
If you are a "full-time" soldier on active duty you may quality to apply for Naturalization right away.

This deal sounds good for those GC holders who are looking for instant citizenship. But most Military enlistments require 3 to 6 years commitment.

I have been approved for adjustment of status but waiting for my physical Green Card. My recruiter sergeant said I will need to show him my physcial Green Card when I receive it but he has already prepared my enlistment application and given me MEPS (medical and Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) appointment.

Originally posted by Lazerthegreat
Yes you can join army with GC but cannot work as security worker at the Nation's Airports. How dumb is that....

People in government never cease to amuse me.

Originally posted by JackIsBack
Yes, one requires a GC with atleast 2 years of valid date (I believe most GCs have 10 years valid date) to enlist in the US military. And GC enlistees can only serve non-officer positions with jobs that does not require Security Clearance set by DoD.
If you are a "full-time" soldier on active duty you may quality to apply for Naturalization right away.

This deal sounds good for those GC holders who are looking for instant citizenship. But most Military enlistments require 3 to 6 years commitment.

I have been approved for adjustment of status but waiting for my physical Green Card. My recruiter sergeant said I will need to show him my physcial Green Card when I receive it but he has already prepared my enlistment application and given me MEPS (medical and Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) appointment.
Are you joining the army to get an immediate naturalization? I would think more cautiously if I were you. They may sent you to Iraq and as I understand the situation is very dangerous over there.

Originally posted by Lazerthegreat
Yes you can join army with GC but cannot work as security worker at the Nation's Airports. How dumb is that....

You can join the army, get your citizenship, and then become a security worker at the airports :) The system works :)

Originally posted by wirelesssprint
Are you joining the army to get an immediate naturalization? I would think more cautiously if I were you. They may sent you to Iraq and as I understand the situation is very dangerous over there.

Nah, I'm currently a full-time student so I cant become a full-time G.I Joe. So I dont qualify for instant citizenship unless the President activate the reserves. I'm joining the reserves. Yes, the recruiter warned me about the possibility of being "activiated" and assigned to overseas.

financing one's education

I am seriously considering nursing school as a springboard for medical school.Anyone knows how expensive for RN or how new asylees can finance their education.DOES the government sponsor you?

financing one's education

I am seriously considering nursing school as a springboard for medical school.Anyone knows how expensive for RN or how new asylees can finance their education.DOES the government sponsor you?;)

I am seriously considering nursing school as a springboard for medical school.Anyone knows how expensive for RN or how new asylees can finance their education.DOES the government sponsor you?;)